Does this count as a workout?


Does THIS count as a workout? YIKES! We started painting the inside of my kitchen cabinets yesterday... ... the kids helped out a lot... but I really really wanted to get finished so I decided to stay up late and work on it... I didnt get into bed until almost midnight! (yes this is after waking up yesterday at 530am!)....

I was up at 7am going to walmart to caulk for the kitchen. I worked all day and I am still not done. I still have drawers and two small cabinets to finish...

heres one shot before and two after..











I am so tired and ready to be finished.. but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Here's something interesting...

today is the first day in a long time that I have had NO green smoothies, today is also the first day in a long time that I ate HORRIBLE the WHOLE day .. well.. with the exception of breakfast. (eggs, toast)........I was off on timing of my meals... waiting longer that 3 hours to eat, and eating things like cheetoes, a potato chicken burrito, a hamburger, chips, a glass of dr pepper, tea, ............. when the kitchen is unable to cook in it puts a bit of a damper in my meals :)

something I should not be surprised by... I felt AWEFUL all day. I was ULTRA tired but I worked anyway... then I ended up with a headache..........One like I use to have allllll the time!
I use to have headaches that would put me in a dark room and that tylenol wouldnt touch!... today it was one of THOSE kind of headaches... but thankgoodness tylenol has helped.

Why do I do this to myself? Why can I not eat like everyone else and feel good? or normal even?
Its like my body has rejected my decisions today. Is it because I am not use to such non-food foods? .. My body is so use to all those fruits and greens I have been getting that when I dont get them it doesnt know how to react?

to guess what? tomorrow I am back to normal. I will run, I will eat like I am use too and I will feel good all day instead of bad. Today was also the first day in a very long time I felt very very fat and mentally down... questions like "why do i even try" and "I should just give up its all just too much work" were on my mind a lot today.....

I need to get my mind around the fact that "I AM WHAT I EAT"... and be content with knowing that. I mean.. EVERYONE else is what they eat too... they just dont know it is what makes them feel bad. The hard part for me is to eat correctly when life is not normal.

I will start my day tomorrow off right TONIGHT by going to be extra early so I will be ready to go for a run at 6am tomorrow.

Comments

Amy said…
Yes! it counts as a workout! Regarding the way you felt after eating crappy for just one day - my sister and I always talk about how "unfair" it is, that once you start eating healthy and get used to it, you can hardly go back to your previous eating habits without feeling horrible! But I suppose it is actually a good thing, because it really makes us aware of how good we feel when we do eat right...and gets us back on the bandwagon! Hope you feel better today!
JRo said…
Been there, done that... still don't have it figured out. Let me know how one can keep working out, eating right, and getting in all those little extras that make you feel that much healthier, and great... you know, when YOU get it figured out!
Josha said…
I figured it out! You eat right MOST of the time! And when you eat off track and feel awful, you remember,...oh yeah....and get back to it. So, good news!...we're doing it!