The day before the Half (scratch that! TIMES 2)

I just posted this below.. but now have decided to do my blood glucose test tomorrow morning instead so I can have it done before going to Colorado. i will run Sat or Sunday ... I have to be there at 730am and it will take a good 3 hours.. cant eat after midnight tonight... ugh.. sounds worse than a marathon to me for sure.
--------------------------

OK.. this is really funny... got a call from the Dr office... NOT doing the testing tomorow.. they dont do them on Fridays. ... so.. I WILL run tomorrow and get tested on Monday :) Oh the ups and downs of Dr stuff huh? ..........
so.. back to my post below.. :)

I will be running-walking my half marathon tomorrow morning :) ..
Because of that today I walked a few laps around track :) trying to just rest for tomorrows big day.

I have been thinking about my reasons and motivation to complete the half marathon. I LOVED Josha post on this topic a day or so ago.. and thought I would share mine as well :)

My goals:
  • To finish and be ok with it being slower than last year,
  • To be in the moment and reasons why
  • To keep my energy level up (eating is important on this run with how I have been feeling lately),
  • To be thankful for what I can do


I am refusing to look back at what my time was last year for the half until AFTER I run tomorrow. This will keep me focused on just running-walking the half as i feel like it and not be so caught up in time :) Reminding myself its the distance not the pace that matters.

I will use music (like Josha does) to keep me in the moment, remembering my reasons why. My family will select different songs for my run to remind me of them... I will post their choices later today... Of course I will listen to "Miricle of the Moment" to remind me of Josha :) .. I will have other songs to keep me on track for different things and will post those later tonight :)

I will get up and eat something before I leave. i will also pack my homemade granola and gatorade and have water handy :) I will also eat some complex carbs tonight for supper and before bed :)

Gona be thankful for what I can do.. although I dont feel like I am in as good of shape as I was last year ... I am progressing and thats awesome! I will happy I am not flat on my back in bed!--that I have shoulder that now allows me to lift weights--- and... so far..... I dont have the flu :) how can you feel bad... even on a 13 mile run .. when all so many things are so good :)


I did get good news on the weight front from the Dr. I lost 3 lbs. .....not heavens opening and angels singing kinda weight loss for the last 3 weeks.. but I am not complain about a pound a week.. esp knowing the muscles I am packin on :)

Here is a song I want to buy for the run. I heard it on Air1 radio and love it! I refuse to just go through the motions anymore.. been there... done that :)

Comments

Josha said…
Superbulous plans! You're running tomorrow, right? That's my new plan too, but it's raining and raining right now.
Laura said…
You're gonna do great!
LOVE the video. That is actually the same song I have been dwelling on. I'm gonna blog about it, but it has taken a week for the emotions of my time alone w/ God to set in.
powerful!