WONDERFUL! but i stink! & what is a trainer for? (UPDATE)

took these pics and forgot to post them :)



I stink and it is just WONDERFUL!
I DID IT!

2 miles with the track kids around campus this morning, they run a bit fast than me so they really pushed me to keep up :) THEN I did 5 Laps around the track while the track kids worked with coach, THEN i came home and finished the rest on the treadmill :)

I ran the majority! and Mile FIVE just ROCKED!
what is is about mile 5?

ok.. I need to go fix these hungry children breakfast... but before i go...

What is a trainer for anyway? Have you ever thought about that? Last night when i was watching Biggest Loser (i am one episode behind).. I got to thinking what are those trainers for? and you know what? They are there to tell you YOU can!.. They are there to counteract the negative thoughts that keep coming in your heads....
Heres some things they said last night
"you can do this"
"think of...." (your reason for working so hard, the things that dont hurt, how far you have come)
"they want to bring you down but you wont let them" (say this of other people)
"now is the time"
"UP UP" GET UP!

One of the contestants said this last night.... it took 17 weeks of a trainer putting different thoughts in her head and saying it to her over and over.. and she finally got it!

"time and time again i have doubted myself. I just stopped questioning myself and believed"
"no more.. never again"
"it feels amazing, absolutely amazing"
"I finally believe in me"
"up up up .. LIFT"

Gals.. its alllllllll mental..,, The hardest part is mental....
we can do this...
we can be our own possitive self talk!


YES WE CAN!

Comments

Josha said…
hurray for your SIX!! I'm spose to run 6 this weekend, but it's looking like we will be traveling and so I'm planning to run it today instead. I'm so happy that the weather is perfect.
Loved your post, by the way. I needed a reminder to set aside the negativity and just believe in myself. Thanks
JRo said…
You said a mouthful there.. you are SO right, it is all kinds of mental!

Congrats on 6 miles, I like mile 5 too!
Anonymous said…
It is SO a mental game! It's not about the food and it's not about the exercise, It's about the mind!!! love your post today! yes, we can!!