New PR (i think) and a whooper of a workout :)

with today being memorial day.. our kids track coach decided to have practice at 8am and invited the parents to join in....
first... some parents stayed and ran-walked around the track with some of the kids while other parents ran the loop around campus (2mile) with some of the other older kids.
I ran the 2miles and set a new PR .... averaging 8:13 per mile ... I havent run that pace since last summer ... so i am happy :)
when we got back to the track coach has music going and did what amounts to areobics and then we stretched.... then we rested while the older kids ran a 4 x400 relay :) ..
then... the younger kids and parents ran a 4x100 relay... my husband and i ran the last leg of that race...
THEN...
we did MORE areobics and then MORE.. .
and then we stretched.

needless to say ..

my legs are SHOT!

my thighs are a bit sore... esp the right leg.. so i sat in a cold bath when i got home and am now hoping the soreness is just soreness from sprinting....... sprints usually make the front of my thighs extreemly tired feeling...

All that workout makes me want to be really fit again! ...

determined. :)

now.. to conquer the day... and my foods.

Comments

Josha said…
hello, you big loser, you! How does it feel to lose? I would like to know because I'm with ya on the 150 pounds thing. I was rockin' along fine and then my thyroid flipped out again and suddenly I also weigh 150 pounds!!!! Yikes! Oh well, at least I know how to get rid of it as soon as my body will let it go again. Actually, I lost a couple of pounds over this last week. The really good part of that is that it can't all be water because I'm not just starting out, ya know?