5 miles and feelin good


track this morning at 7am...
the kids had tests...
joseph ran the 800 in 4 mins
nate ran the mile in 7:41
cat ran the mile in 7:36

i am sooooo proud of them!

I ran 5 miles averaging about 10 mins a mile.. I feel GREAT! i think its funny how I dont start feeling good until a few miles in.. why is that?

I cleaned out some boxes from the attic yesterday and found some great photos.. and a notebook that one of my softball coaches wrote about training and playin the game..

here are some quotes:
effort is the most important thing.. to be beaten by a better team is nothing to be ashamed of or saddened by.

you can do no more than your best.. by trying harder in practice to improve on your weaknesses your best changes in a possitive direction

nothing makes a coach feel better than to see hustle in a player. hustle and enthusiasm makes up for lack of natural raw talent

Comments

Josha said…
Love the pic!!
Interesting about only starting to feel good a few miles into a run... Yesterday, I decided at a half mile in that I was going to believe I was on mile 3 of a longer run because this run was to be only 30 minutes. I told my legs and shoulders that this is "mile 3" of THIS run, so loosen up! And I had a great time. Mental.
jessica said…
I'm not sure why it is that it takes a few miles...but that's why I made the 1 mile rule for myself (for runs of 5k or less)....and the 2 mile rule for runs of 5-10k (since 10 is the longest I've done so far). The rule is...not even allowed to think about quitting until that distance is over...and I'm always amazed to find out that once the first mile is over, or the first two miles...I no longer want to stop!:) That's what works for me anyway...:) I probably should try Josha's tip too...once i get back into the runs after the baby, I'll see how that one works!