UPDATE #2 -20lbers return!!!!This week and running (UPDATE)

first of all .. thanks for all the sweet encouraging comments on my last post. Yall are great!

I have finally decided what to do about the cardio part of my training. I have been debating as to just do hiits for the next 16 weeks or go ahead and train for the half. After reading a bit on the transformation site .. It seems what most people do who want to train for marathons and do bfl is just incorporate hiits into thier training runs. So i will just do a few sprints probably close to the end of my training runs during the week... not on my long runs though :) You can see I am on week 3 of my training so that means 50 min runs during the week :)

More later today after I do schooling with the kids and get my workout in :)

UPDATE: 137pm
just home from track practice with the kids... i ran 3 laps at a easy pace and then did 6 killer sprints... urgh...
I will each lunch and then lift weights.. more after :)


UPDATE #2

I am so excited! I JUST finished lifting.. UPPER BODY
I am back up to using 20lbs weights in each hand for flies and curls!!!!!
such good news.. I thought it would be at least another week or so before i was able to go up..
but I guess its all coming back sooner than I expected! YIPEEEEEE.
Soreness is def in my future for tomorrow.. I did burnouts too!

I am also thrilled that I did burnouts on chest press using the smith machine and the bar.. which is the exercise i did when i hurt my shoulder! .. felt good to be back at the smith :)

just a GREAT day today. eats were a bit off.. but I know that is because I didnt eat every 2.5 hours like i should.. so I over did it a bit on carbs a bit.. .. I had low energy when i got back from running those sprints and I dont think my salad i ate was enough.... next time I will drink some protien before I eat :)

AHHHHH.. nothing like a great.... lifting session that leaves you shaking :)starting to get the bi's back!

SWEEEET

"I am determined" "I am making progress"



-ruthie

Comments

Michelle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said…
I just read your previous post about the emotions associated with this journey. I can relate as well. It's interesting how losing the weight seems to be the solution to so many things but it's not a magic fix for anything really. It's the process. My mantra, it's all about maintenance, is really that it's all about finding ways to maintain a new lifestyle, not about losing weight. Losing the weight is the easy part, it's motivating, once the ball gets rolling it's even fun. Maintaining is a whole different ball game.

I'm glad you came back quickly. Last time I fell off the wagon it was for years. Be grateful for what you have, who you are, your strengths are what will keep you going. And thanks for sharing, it really helps to hear others struggling with these same issues.
Sarah said…
I'm terribly behind in reading blogs (and many other aspects of life, but that is a different story...) and just want to add to all of the appreciation about your transparency. Don't we ALL want to 'arrive'?? Work hard for a little while and be DONE? Yeah, me too -- and I am not 'bouncing back' very quickly, I am frustrated, and want to throw in the towel. But I'll keep going. One more day for His glory. That's all I can do.
Josha said…
Look at that adorable smile too! And your hair is growing so fast...just like that bicep!