What if........

What if you woke up tomorrow and....

  • could not get out of bed without pain
  • you dreaded picking things up off the floor
  • you had become ill in the middle of the night and the virus lasts 6 weeks!
  • you lost the use of one of your limbs
  • you were unable to do common house hold chores without help
  • you were in constant pain
  • you couldnt sneeze, cough, sit, move or laugh without pain
  • your feet hurt too bad to even put shoes on!
What if.......

What would you do today. Would you live any differently today...

Some of the above list is actually what I have and am continuing to go through.
It has been an increadably frustrating, painful and depressing journey.
To go from running 10 12 and 14 miles to being in bed for hours at a time is something i would have laughed at if you would have told me last year this would have happened to me.
I would have done a lot of things differently for sure..
  • I wouldnt have complained about the weather
  • I wouldnt have missed a run because i was just lazy
  • I would have taken the time to relax and enjoy the run, knowing it could be my last
  • I would have not taken for granted my mobility especially the ability to just live without pain.
  • I would have been more encouraging and sympathetic to the elderly, injured and out of shape.
All this to say
you NEVER know what is going come your way.

How would you spend this week, this month, this YEAR .. if you KNEW you would be unable to do certain things?

Would you get mad or angry as easily? Would you find more or less excuses for not take care of yourself? Would you do more than you do right now? Would you be more passionate about life?

What if..............

(med report.. i am still having problems with my back .. have not run and dont even want to predict how long it will be before i can... just still trying to Do What I Can.. until this passes)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ruthie, It breaks my heart to see you have to go through this. But let's look at this way, there is a message in this mess! We have to live life to the fullest today because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. I will be praying for you every day until you recover from this setback! You will be back better than you were before and with a testimony to share! God speed healing to your body! Believe it and receive it!!
Anonymous said…
um... that's pretty much my life with Lupus, and I have a friend with MS who goes through the same sort of thing.

What's different? What if? You just learn to really REALLY love the good days, and do as much in them as you can, because you never know when you'll run out of good days.
JRo said…
Wow, great post.
So sorry you are dealing with this. Not sure I know anyone else that is more capable of taking something like this, and making it a wonderful learning experience, not only for yourself, but one for those around you. Keep up your spirits, take care of your body, and find joy in each day. You inspire me!