Ghost (update)

Thats the name of the Brooks Running shoe i just bought this morning ! Ghost.

I cant wait to try them out on a long run! I ran on the treadmill at the store and loved them! I am so happy i can now get a 6 miler in :)

I ran 2 miles this morning with a mile walk afterward. It felt great.
Still having some back and neck issues, which is frustrating. hard to run and relax with a pain in the neck :)

I am wanting to go for a second run later tonight to give the shoes a good try :)

hard to believe these are the shoes that will get me to the finish line!

sweet.

UPDATE:

Ok.. so i wonder how much more body parts will fall apart before I try and run this marathon!
now my LOWER BACK is KILLING me.
I am icing it right now.
I have not done a thing to it that i know. My neck was bothering me for the last few days and this morning so i know it connected.
URG
i am sooooooooo frustrated. I feel so old, out of shape and not in control of my body or my training. When will I be done with "injuries" or "aches and pains"?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY.

-dreaming i had a massage therapists on staff..
shoot.. dreaming i had a staff :) hehe.

-r

Comments

Laura said…
those are cool! are they stability or cushiony shoes?

is there a massage school near you? they do massages for 20-30 an hour.

your body is just trying to psyche you out. you are not out of shape nor old.
I may be a little biased because I work for one, but have you considered visiting a chiropractor? Running is a brutal sport on our bones and joints and can easily get your back and especially your hips out of whack. I get adjusted regularly, but especially when I feel some unusual aches and pains coming on. Just a thought.

I ran my first marathon in a pair of Brooks and still have them. Awesome shoes... I may have them bronzed or something. ;-)
Josha said…
I was going to recommend a chiropractor, but I see that's already been done. We had a great one before we moved who would adjust our whole family and then wave charges if we would come in for the next 2 following days for re-adjustment. Sometimes, it takes a few adjustments for your body to "stay" adjusted especially if you have needed an adjustment for a long time. One thing you can do to help yourself is advil for swelling and cold instead of heat and as often as you think of it throughout the day "roll" your head all the way around a few times, then the other way. Also, look online for some back exercises. You can't be old because I'm older than you...and I'm not old.