go away winter

there is no way around it.. i know its coming.. and i should not complain.. but i seriously would move to a tropical island if i had the money :) woke up this morning and it was 42 degrees.. which is nothing to some of you but to ME its a huge road block to getting in 3 miles.
"wait until it warms up"
"we can go to track at 6pm and it will be in the 70s then"
"i can just run on the treadmill"
BUT
no

i said would do 3 and i didnt need to wait

so

the kids and i got on our long pants, and sweatshirts and headed to track

i was cold until mile 2 and after that it was nice
really nice
REALLY NICE

so i am happy to report .. my hands are still cold, my ears are tingling but my run is done:)


---i think its time to move the treadmill from the garage to the house---winters coming and i cant stop it :)


its probably going to be SOOOOO cold the morning of the race... burr
but with 30000 other runners maybe we will be warm anyway

now its time to cook a hot breakfast and get some school and housework done :)

Comments

JRo said…
Mmm, I hate the cold too, but the cold sure does clear my lungs. I have to FORCE myself out there, but the winter is so pretty of a run. Just think, in a few weeks you wan look at Christmas decorations! I LOVE that!

Go runner! (PS CANNOT wait to see you run your race!)