Two mile try.....

I ran two miles this morning with no walking breaks! I took the first mile slow... and picked up the pace a bit for the last one. I averaged 9.5 min per mile. The good news is my foot felt great the whole time. I am a bit concerned though as I am sitting here i feel a few twinges of something on the foot but not like two weeks ago. So. my plan is to just keep taking it easy.. and i wont run longer that a mile or two for a while.. but will be pushing myself hard in the pool.

I posted a "help" post on marathon mommies and this is one response
"If you have been following a training schedule, I would try for at least one more long run- two if possible...but I would not do much long run training at least 3-4 weeks prior to the marathon. My best marathons were when I cross- trained anyway. If it is hard to get the long run in, try for just one 3 hour run and don't worry about miles. I think you need at least a good 3 hour run or about 15-18 miles and you will still be able to finish.... I did not need to do much more than that and I finished just fine. I would really be careful of your injury and let it heal. You can also do the run/walk thing (run for 9 min. walk for 1, etc) and when I did that I had less pain, quicker recovery, and felt so much better...Just be kind to your body. Don't underestimate the power of MENTAL prep. too. When I ran marathons and did not get all my long runs in, I did LOTS of mental prep. and that really really helped-despite my lack of training... Hope that helps. best of luck."

This experienced marathon moms comment has really helped me realize i can still do this.

----
on a side note... all that swimming i have been doing has turned my hair green :(


great birthday present huh?


now i need to fix it and find a swimmers cap. :)

Comments

Josha said…
i hope your hair really looks like that..how disappointing for us readers if not
so glad about your run!