"Relax and Run.. This is 'spose to be FUN!"


"Relax and Run.. This is 'spose to be FUN!" is what i kept repeating tonight on my 6 mile run.

Proving that running is more mental than physical. Through the 6 miles I walked only 12 steps! I wanted to walk.. sure... but i just kept repeating "Relax and Run.. This is spose to be FUN!" in my head. I focused on relaxing and actually enjoying running instead of thinking "oh this is so much work!" or "uhg.. i am tired and i am ONLY half way!"
I kept coming back to this "Relax and Run.. This is spose to be FUN!" and counting the blessings i have in the fact i CAN run. I saw so many people out walking, some very very very slow, some with older adults, some with dogs, some with kids so many people who werent or couldnt run. I remembered not so long ago that running 2 miles was a rediculous thought in my head.. I remember not to long how impossible just walking 2 miles was. I rejoyced tonight in my new found fitness and ability to do so much more than i thought was ever possible.

so..
if you dont feel like running..
just take a deep breath and
"Relax and Run.. This is spose to be FUN!"

heres a link
with short but great advice on how to relax while running :)

6 miles 57:18 nice and reeeeeeelaxing :)

Comments

Laura said…
You are so right.
Relax! so many times i start a run with how hard it is for me and how terrible i am. None of that matters!