ready (UPDATED-MY RUN REPORT)

I am soooo ready to be back in the groove again.

I took the kids to track this morning but i didnt do any running. I decided to wait until this evening and will try and get at least 4 miles in so i could go by myself :) I am holding off on running over 4 until i get my new shoes (which i hope to be this wednesday!)

I guess the best thing about not being able to run like i want too is that this whole process is giving me a strong strong desire to train, and FINISH the marathon. I miss my long runs!

Now I understand so much more how the marathon has become such a unachievable goal for so many people. Just getting to the starting line half way in shape will be more of a challenge than getting from there to the finish line. Now.. as it will be then... its all about determination and desire and putting one foot in front of the other.

more after i run tonight.

RUN REPORT:

So I decided to cook supper for the family and let them eat without me :) I headed out the door for a 4 mile run. Good good good news!
MY FOOT FELT GREAT! TOTALLY COMPLETELY NORMAL!!!!!!
i am sooo happy about that!
I did 4 miles in 39.38mins .. right on my old pace.

the "bad" part is that i felt so totally exhausted and out of shape! SERIOUSLY.. it was a durn hard run! my legs were so tired.. esp my thighs! .. I know i have lost so much stamina.. but.. the good news is hopefully i have time to build back up in time for the race. If not.. I might not finish it until the next day :) but i will finish.. but i feel like i am starting completely over. ugh.

ok.. all for now..
time for me to go heat up my supper i missed while i was on the run :)

happy trails :)
r

Comments

Laura said…
awesome awesome awesome.

totally agree with the training part. the race is the easiest, if we just perservere through illness, setbacks, and our mental beat-ups, we can make it.

go ruthie go ruthie!
Josha said…
yep, but you can do it!!!
when people ask me about running 26.2 miles, i always tell them the hardest part is training and not getting an injury, the race itself and finishing, is the reward for making it to that day not injured.
JRo said…
You will gain back that heart strength really fast! You can do this!
Anonymous said…
you can do this AND even though Im no marathoner Im well acquainted with muscle memory.

It's all gonna come rushing back~