Been a bit Bummed

ok .. so .. i must admit.. i have been a bit bummed. Having a bit of a pitty party over here... I have been trying to get my head around the fact that rest is in order and that it must be a slow comeback which might take a while.

I have NOT gone to the dr to get xrays. But the good news is.. today i walked a mile while the kids ran track and it didnt hurt. Weird thing was last night i had a huge muscle cramp in my foot and had to rub it out... so part of me thinks it really IS a ligement muscle issue.

I will try a mile walk on the treadmill tomorrow morning and gets some weights in after that...

I must get ok with walking a full or half marathon. It has to be ok for me .. in my head to do that. I so miss running... its been an experience that is a stress relief, a mediation zone, a pray avenue, and a refreshing of my mind as much as my body. and I just really really miss it.

but.. yet again.. this is something that i must gather the nerve up to muster through without baling out into a bowl of icecream or turning into a couch potatoe. Fitness is my lifestyle now...
This is just not what i had invissioned my last month before turning 40 to look like. All this work.. all the years of training, goal setting and wanting to feel the be "i really did it!" cause i can run a marathon.... it's all shot down... and i sit here in the fact that life is full of kinks in the road and that plans mostly never turn out the way we invision them....

but..
I will continue to press on ... to not give up.. and to focus on what i can do.. not what i cant.. and i know someday... sooner or later.... I will be running joyfully again.

Comments

Hi there,
I'm having foot pain too. I think mine is a combination plantar fascittis and maybe even varicose veins in my ankle! I don't know. I don't want a long-term injury.
Good luck to you in your foot recovery.
Sara
Anonymous said…
I hope that foot feels better soon. Have you tried new shoes by any chance? Just shooting in the dark.

I understand the frustration and I'm having a bit of a wallow over here myself since I've been sick on and off with the flu since the beginning of August and haven't been able to run.

Can't offer any inspiration other than to not rush getting back since I tried too hard to fast and ended up getting sick again and I might have been back to running by now if I had taken my time with more restraint.
Laura said…
Hang in there! Patience is the most difficult of all virtues!!! Look how far you have come and what you have already accomplished, that is a marathon in itself.

Praying for your speedy recovery.