When will it be easy again


throughout this whole 2 year journey i have had ups and downs for sure. I realized quite a while ago to expect things to get difficult and that the hardest part of staying fit is mustering through when life is yelling at you to quit.

I am still struggling and its really frustrating to have my digestive system rule my runs. I am so ready to be back to normal. !! I am so ready for my runs to be easy again.

so today was a lesson in "how to deal with wishing i had a porta potty around the corner and had to run 4 miles to get to one" :)

some other lessons i learned today:
  • No matter how cute the dog looks try to stay far far away from grammy and her pooch. (I had a dog jump up at me and almost bit me! seriously!... the grammy yelled "so so sooorrry" .. and i was like "yeah grammy... take control of your pooch!" ... I was trying hard to get around and give the dog a wide birth but she had him on a LONG leash (which i didnt realize) .. I had to jump back with my hands in the air to get way from his jumping bite!)
  • traffic really picks up close to 745 am! and i am so glad i dont live in a big city! where i have to breath car exhaust on every run.
  • water is good and my bottle WILL fit in a small oak tree (Love i found a new hiding place)
  • walking is ok!
running is becoming truly a metiphor for life ..... so many things try and get in the way... so many things effect whether or not i have a good run .... sleeping (not too much-not too little), eating (what when how, how much) , resting the body instead of working out, stretching (and what happens when you dont), .......i could go on and on..

so
heres to running and getting an hour on the road while dreaming of a porta potty around the corner but having to wait until i got home.

ah

running.

Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!

"Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training, and some are not."____Dr. George Sheehan.

"Relish the bad training runs. Without them it's difficult to recognize, much less appreciate, the good ones."_____Pat Teske

Comments

Josha said…
how was your run?
JRo said…
Running won't kill you... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The very most important part, you are passionately pursuing your fit self!
Anonymous said…
Life seems to run in cycles. I don't think there will ever be a time of no ups and downs. It is in the struggles that we grow and in the good times that we can celebrate our victories.
I am hoping the tummy issues settle down soon! here's to a great run tomorrow!
Hi Ruthie,
Thanks for visiting my blog! Good luck with your marathon! Sometimes I think I must be crazy to be attempting a marathon myself... glad to see there's some other crazy mommies out there too!

Chantel aka mymarathonmommy.blogspot.com