why plan? does it work?


i was asking myself this very question on my much shortened morning run..
why plan..

plans give me something to look forward too..
like a nice relaxing hour long run while the sun is rising and the air is cool...

but plans have a way of being tested and sometimes shattered.

i had planned to be up and out of the house this morning by 630
i woke up at 550 sick to my stomach

i had tummy issues (to put it nicely) around midnight last night and this morning i felt like i was going to throw up
i stayed up anyway and got dressed to go run.. all the time feeling a bit sick but knowing that i felt a bit sick on sunday and my run made me feel better..

all this "waiting around to see if i was going to toss some cookies" was just a waste of time... i decided that "if this was the morning of the marathon i would be heading to the starting line" so..
i got my shoes on and vowed that if i was going to throw up it would be around the beautiful scripture inscribed walking-running track that i so adore :) what a better memory than to chunk some tators while reading a scripture that says ""With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

i ran 2.5 miles in 21:28

OK.. so thats like a 8.5 min per mile!

and thats nuts

all this while feeling sick.

so... I guess it is true.. All things are possible with God.

so i am home now and although i am spose to run for an hour today i still feel sick and think i will definitely skip breakfast because i feel sure its not a good idea.

i hope that i dont get the full brunt of the illness that my littlest had but if i am going to get it i wish it would just hurry up and come on so it will be over with.

I have things to do and runs to complete .... and i dont have time to be ill.


signed..

the nauseated runner
excuse me while i make one more run..

to the bathroom
:(

Comments

Laura said…
You go, and go and go and go...ha ha ha

Just like Eric Liddell. He won gold running the 400, not his best event, the last 200 God put the speed in his feet and he won. Only possible with God.

Determination, you have it.
Anonymous said…
You are too awesome for words. :) Janelle
JRo said…
Wow. Here I am not doing anything because my KID is sick, and you still manage to run, with puke in your tummy. Dang girl!
Josha said…
how are ya now, sickie? I would totally have skipped it to lie around and moan.