A doozie of a Dozen

So that was the worst run in my life!
and
the best run in my life!

12 miles

the hardest i have ever run

mile 1 and 2 were awful
almost threw up on mile 2.
but kept going
mile 4 wasnt pretty.

mile 5 i hit my runners high.. mile 5 is always great

mile 6 and 7 were not good at all.. took my gel pack (that i never tasted before) and ate it... almost threw it up... it was nasty.. like karo syrup. uhk. THICK>> didnt like it..
but i kept going

mile 9 was great. my 2nd runners high

mile 10.. not good.. wanted to quit... i ran out of water... had to come home....

finished up the last on the treadmill as soon as i finished my water and bit of OJ.

12 in 2hours 32 mins

11.6 mins per mile

not my normal 10 mins per mile but I walked, stretched, ran walked stretched and ran....

This run was my "no matter how bad i feel i will finish" run... consider it practice for the race.....

I was sooooo excited to get my necklace i from sauchagirl and i LOVE it.. (I couldnt get a very good picture of it ... i am hoping sauchagirl will have a better picture to show you how very very cute it is!!!
it says
SOAR on it.. from the verse
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31
I wore it today for my first run and LOVED it.. it was comfy and it jingled just a bit so the people in front of me would hear me coming :) ...
so cool!
I plan on wearing it on every training run and for the marathon in Nov! so cool

glad i finished my long run this weekend.. with a sick kid and a week that was nuts last week i had my doubts... it felt good to get it done.. even though it felt awful!

Comments

Josha said…
WOW! Compared to your 13.1 (half), how was it? Did you realize that it was just almost your half marathon?? Did it feel easier even though hard? I'm so excited that you got it done and smiled!
JRo said…
Running is such a head game. You won this round! So proud of you!
Unknown said…
YOU ROCK!!!! 加油!! Way to go Ruth...I was worried when I heard about the throwing up, that this would throw off your long run...but look at you, you buckled down and did it.

You are MY hero. :D
Laura said…
SWEET, you did it.

Those gels are beyond disgusting!
sauchagirl said…
I'm so happy you did it. I'm also happy you got the necklace. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed collaborating with you and making something that I thought would be so special for you!