does it matter how much i weigh?

this morning i am up and ready to go to track with the kids.. and before waking them i checked my email and looked at a few blogs :)
I also checked foxnews and found this article. which states that a study found that people in the "normal" weight catagory had issues with high blood pressure.. etc..
anyway.. its a good article.. but it .. AGAIN reminds me that this health thing is more than about how much i weigh (I stopped weighing a while back)...
i have known people who are model thin.... look GREAT in their clothes and eat such awful amounts of sugar, junk food and fast food that its shocking..
I also have known the flip side of that.. people who are overweight and cant get off the floor or bend over to pick something they dropped... but the seem to eat healthy..

there are consequences to being unhealthy... take your pick in life i guess..
overweight or skinny.. either one can be unhealthy.

so there .. i have figured out in this wonderful brain of mine..
could it be a matter of ....

OH WOW>. BALANCE!

balance in they way we look at ourselves... balance in our eating, balance in our fitness, goal setting and being fit come with a price(time to train, finding what works for you, staying focused, not loosing hope when you hit a plateau, sports related injuries etc ) but being unhealthy comes with price too... .. .

so.. heres to being healthy.. working toward a healthy lifestyle and realizing that just because someone is "blessed" skinny doesnt mean they are healthy :) and that it matters .. VERY MUCH what we eat, how we deal with stress, and many other things in our lives...

i am off to track..
more later
R


UPDATE
back from track.. did bleacher work.. one leg lunges, a few abs, and walked about 2 and half miles with my sweet friend. she has longer legs than me so it was a brisk walk :) loved it..
i am counting all the lunges and leg bleacher workout as my weight training today.. busy day.. so it will "hafta do"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great post today. I don't weigh myself as much as I did when I first started losing weight. NOw I go how I feel and how the clothes feel. am "feeling" like I need to get back into the game and the belt is getting tighter! I have an awesome goal I will be going for this year. one, is to Feel Great about myself!
JRo said…
I love this post. Imagine that... we need lives of balance...hmmm
I miss bleachers. I think this winter, I will work towards being able to do that stuff again. My knee really needs to have solid muscle so that it can handle it!
Anonymous said…
Seems I'm seeing so much about balance these days and I agree... how healthy we are is going to be a sum of all the little things (good and bad) that we do each day. Harder to put into practice than to think about but always good to be reminded about it!