Changes (UPDATED)

The cost of being sick is the fact that I am not in the best of shape to run 14 long miles this weekend.
I was scheduled for a 14miler today but I have decided that the best thing to do is to be patient and let my body recover and get back to normal. I am still feeling a bit tired and yesterday I actually could eat and feel normal.
so
I have switched this weekends run and next ... 6 miles this weekend (today) and 14 next.

I have also have a choice i am pondering... with the kids having track at 7am three days a week I need to switch my run times to the early predawn hours of the morning OR to the late evening. I think its going to work best .. if i am going to be realistic here to go for those runs in the evening. Trying to squeeze, housework, schooling the kids, part time working (teaching), their track and my running is going to be a big challenge. (as always) .. but i know that someday it will just be me and the dh here at the house and this season of my life will be over before i realize it :)

so.. i will go for my "long" but short run of 6 miles sometime after the sun starts to set.. and it starts cooling off :)

more afterwards :)
r

UPDATE:

ok just home and boy am i tired. NO WAY i would have made 14miles today.
I did the 6 miles in 56:43.

I am not sure if i like the night time run. got home at 930 which is when i am usually going to bed!

I am still waiting to "feel back to normal" so hopefully tomorrow.

Comments

JRo said…
Really? I seem to have much more energy to KEEP me out there running in the afternoon. I am really looking forward to running in the cooler fall evenings.

I will be watching how you manage to juggle it all. I really need to learn how, so I will be all eyes! ;)
sauchagirl said…
You did it! Hope you're feeling better soon
Josha said…
You'll be back to your old self again soon! I guess we all have quite a juggling act, but somehow it all comes together the way we choose for it to. I'm planning to scale back my winter runs to 30 minutes twice a week (some of it being sprints because some will have to be on the dreadmill.. and sprints are all I can stomach on "the mill.") And then my long run will be 4-5 miles on the weekends. All winter. With cross country skiing/downhill skiing and jumprope thrown in. (along with weight training) Then, I might train for another long distance run again in the spring. There is NO WAY I'm running in the mornings in winter here. Late morning or early afternoon runs only!