running with the kids

I stayed up way way too late last night sitting on the back porch talking to my sweet husband :) I love our back yard at night... its a little retreat! As a result of not going to bed until after midnight.. i work up late this morning and missed my run. I left the house with the kids about 745am and went to the track .. the kids ran three laps, did 4 4 by 100 relays, stretched and did 3 50 meter sprint relays. .. I ran a combination of 2 miles.. with sprints and race pace running in between.. some walking spurts to give instructions.. but wow.. those sprints are killer.

Life is good.

would be fantastic if i could find my nikeplus sensor (again)... .. so what is the big secret to keeping up with this little piece of equipment. ?

Comments

Candy said…
Oh no! I've got a Nike+ coming in the mail. How do you lose the sensor? How is it attached? Do you lose it while you run?

You've got me worried. And inspired.
Ruthie said…
no no no
i lost it after i disconnected it from my ipod and THOUGHT i laid it by my computer! .. No.. i cant run so fast it blows my sensor off.. actually its not the part on the shoe i lost.. its the part that goes to the ipod :)..
yeah.. i am a looser when it comes to being organized.. but i am trying :) LOL

glad you posted.. :) nice to see a new blogface :)
sauchagirl said…
Sounds like a good sprint and the fact that the kids are able to do it with you,. . . oh I look forward to those days.
JRo said…
I leave my sensor in my ipod holder that is made just for it. I will take the ipod out, but always leave the sensor in. Something like this, but mine came with a shoe pod thing too. I never loose any of it!

http://www.amazon.com/Tune-Belt-Armband-Sport-receiver/dp/B000XS139G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216841874&sr=8-8
Josha said…
I just have a plain ol' armband, and when I take the sensor off the ipod, I tuck it inside the armband with my ipod even though it isn't made with a special pocket. I've never lost mine either and I'm NOT known for organization skills...
jro, are you running the nike+ run like a girl half in October?