Plans made.. my reasons why

Ok.. I have spent the last hour.. figuring out my running schedule and getting it all lined out.
I have posted it on the side bar :) so take a peek if you like .

My only question is how to up my miles on the 20 to 23.. the friend i have that runs marathons suggested to run atleast 23 miles before the race.. so i guess i will bump that up .. but i am not sure if i should bump all the other long runs up too.. and .. at which point. I will be emailing her again and asking :) will let you know ..

Some things that need to happen in the next month or so:
  • buy new shoes (1/2 larger than what i have now for the longer distance)
  • figure out how to carry water and snacks with me on the run OR if to stash them and where.
  • buy a new running bra(too much info? sorry.. but if you have a favorite brand.. please share.. .. i need a good one.. AND .. "all the support i can get" LOL
  • figure out what sports drink i like that doesnt leave me cotton mouthed.
  • register for the race
  • find something to run in if rain -slicker??(i need to "practice"in all kinds of weather in case its rainy on race day)
  • buy new running sunglasses
thats pretty much all i can think of for now.. :)

i am sore from yesterdays lifting.. and it feels GREAT!

This week is my double week camp so I will be working all day.. and on my feet all day.. I plan on getting bed early tonight so i can get up and run about 615 am.. before i go to art camp.. i know i wont feel like it afterward. Goal this week is to get through it without missing a workout.... I will need encouragement to do that for sure.. cause i will be exhausted probably and busy busy.. so you gals keep me accountable! If i am going to do this Marathon thing.. it has to begin now.. so i am not crawling across the finish line!

My Reasons Why: (not in any particular order)
  • to prove to myself that i can
  • to be an example of health and fitness to my kids
  • to be an example of health and fitness to other Women.
  • to see if i am strong enough to meet the challenge
  • running these longs runs and the race will be a spiritual and physical experience. I know it will be some much needed conversations with God as i tread along :)
  • to show that 40 years old and three kids doesnt equal stressed out, flabby, poor diet, and poor self image. But Lean, Fit, and a Positive self image.
  • Because grew up watching iron mans and marathons on TV as have always been inspired by those who try.
  • To run down a dream :)
this story i just read hits a bit close to home.. yall be safe out there!
I am praying this story ends well! click here


I hope your day is relaxing and restful!

blessings
r

Comments

Laura said…
Champion Double dry, the best. http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_HighSupport-Champion/CH072.aspx

check me out www.dailydetermined.blogspot.com
my close friend pointed me your way.
sauchagirl said…
It seems like there's a lot going on in your world and you are just rocking! it! Fantastic decision to run and be strong during your training. You look awesome! Two years! You've come so far. Congrats!