It just hit me!

Its interesting when things "hit us" isnt it. I had just gotten off the phone with my friend and was sitting "alone" on the back patio for just a few minutes when i a feeling of joy swept over me and i began to cry. I am crying as i type this.. because i am so over whelmed with where i have come from.
As i sat on the patio, i remembered back 2 years ago and in that instant it seemed like yesterday. My life then was happy but i was filled with self doubt, low body image, and little energy to get through the day. I had aches and pains from head to toe, I couldn't roll over in bed at night without pain. I wanted it to stop.. i wanted to feel good again.. and i knew i couldnt do it alone. I prayed. Just me laying quietly in bed. prayed. When i was finished I drifted off to sleep with a sense that I could change. I also new that it wouldnt be easy and that it would be work.
As i sat on he porch this morning i realized i have come so far! 2 years later i am TRAINING FOR A crazy MARATHON? ME?!! God has brought me to a point in my life where i can accept myself, he has shown me that life is about struggle and joy and triumph. Life is not handed to us on a silver platter and neither is health. We must all choose today if we are to be healthy or take for granted and abuse the body that God has blessed us with. No matter how far gone we might be we have a choice.

I am sharing this because i want YOU to know that God used you through this process to encourage me to keep going. I was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the fact that I am training for a Marathon. ME. 24 months ago i was hooked on ice cream and anxiously awaited the next episode of Smallville. Now.. i crave pineapple and blueberries and love running so much i cant wait to get out the door for my next run! I know for a fact that i will NOT be able to finish the training OR the race with Gods hand. I am sure this experience will change me in many ways... cant wait to see how. WOW... God is good isnt he?

Comments

Josha said…
You're great! I'm glad to be one of the many people you inspired to make this journey! I think I will make a similar post today.
Laura said…
Amen and Amen, through my tears. I posted one similar at the beginning of my training of where God is going to take me. God has brought me a long way, but even just this morning I am so struggling w/ control.
thank you Ruthie, for paving away for others like you and I.
Anonymous said…
Ruthie, what a beautiful post today! It is so strange how I can so relate to your words today. I was in a very similar boat as you. and it will be 2 years July 30th that I made the decision to finally do something about my weight. I am so glad I have found you! God is so good! You inspire people everyday with what God has done in your life! I know He has great things in store for you!
Unknown said…
i check in on your blog whenever I can like I told you a week ago your very motivational for me!! I want to say you've done great and keep up the good work. Which marathon are you running? When is it anyways good luck and I hope you do well. Amen Sis without him none of would be here and Like I told a good friend of mine the other day he gave us one body and we MUST take care of what he's given us
Colette said…
awesome blog!!! You are a huge success!!
Anonymous said…
Yes he is...I have been struggling for quite sometime myself. I am glad to have examples such as yourself to inspire me.
JRo said…
Read my post today.. and you will see how much I needed to read this. I am so overwhelmed with health right now! Thank you! Thank God!