Future Plans

OK.. so its coming down to the wire.. I am turning 40 in 11 weeks! I cant believe its getting so close.. I have lots to decide and i need to make some of these decisions in the next week or so.
  1. I am 90% sure i am going to give a full marathon a try. I have emailed a friend i know that runs marathons, has kids (younger than mine) etc.. with a list of questions. I am holding off on the other 10% in case i might find some other reason to not do it. I am debating on the race in San Antonio or the Marathon to Marathon. It seems so impossible.. but so did 13.1. I hear people say "its hard on your body" but I think its all about proper training, an resting when your spose too! (like i am today :)
  2. I have begun weight bearing exercises back up this week.. I will lift this afternoon and post
    an update when i am done. But i must get back into the weight lifting..
  3. I have promised myself to become more focused on stretching.. to reduce injury but also because as we get old we loose a lot of our flexibilty. I want to be a grandma that can get down in the floor, play tag, and go running with my grandkids. If i want that kind of lifestyle in 15 or 20 years.. i need to start taking steps toward that NOW:)
  4. I want to buy some new outfits for my birthday! Including a winter running outfit! I want to be prepared this winter to continue my running. OH.. and i just registered to be in a drawing for a new running outfit.. click here to enter!
so for now i will try and rest my heel.. stretch.. look into new shoes.. and just try and be patient as i heal.. I just wondering if I am eventually going to have ALL the sports injuries aperson could have! (Planter Faceites, Hip pain (ITband), rotator cuff injury, shin splints and now bruised heel!).. guess thats what happens when you keep going.. LOL

hope your day is well..
more after i lift.
r

Comments

Josha said…
yippeee! I registered to win free stuff too!
AND you can totally to this marathon thing.