Feeling up to the Challenge

OK.. .. after a much needed two hour nap, some family time.. and feeling like i am back to normal :)
I have these thoughts:

so i know throughout this journey i will have moments of self doubt. Moments when i think i have officially gone off the deep end :) and Moments when quitting would be much easier than moving forward. I think i should be use to this .. after two years of talking myself into and out of working or not working out.. I have a strong background (i hope) in over coming my negative self talk :) ..
I .. by no means think this Marathon training and race will be in any form a breeze or easy. I understand it will probably be the most difficult thing i have ever tried to do.
I am just soooo blessed and so thankful that i have sweet friends like you all to go on this journey with. Thanks for your encouragement!

so.. now what?
well.. I have taken another look at the mararthon in San Antonio and feel more at easy as it states something about walking the full marathon.. sooooo.. i know now the pressure is off to feel like i must finish under a certain time. I also know the longer i get in my training I will
have a much better idea of my pace and how long it will actually take me to complete. I would love to try and finish in under 6 hours.. but that could be asking a bit much :)

I am also looking into running this marathon as a fundraiser... but havent quite figured out how to go about it. .. I figured if i am going to run this far.. it might as well go to a good cause :) .. I am still looking into it though.. and will let you know when i get something worked out. :)

Tomorrow morning is a 45 min run.. i am looking forward to it.. esp cause i got ANOTHER new running skirt! just like my last one but this one is royal blue!

and yet another triumphant day with kicking my soda habit.. i picked up the sodas back up for the week of art camp :) LOL .. and it got me through :) (yes.. i felt the need some moments to self medicate :) LOL..... SOOOO today.. was NO SODAS (again) .. .. This week i am starting out soda free again.. and sure cant wait to sleep through the night !

I also wanted to mention that i am sooooo very happy that Daniel.. Suzettes son is healing and doing much much better. If you havent checked out her blog lately .. scoot on over and shoot her a word of encouragement.. !
cyber (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) to Daniel !!!!!

blessings
ruthie




wish this film was playing in my area :( guess i will have to wait for the DVD

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ruthie, you are so sweet! Thanks for the prayers for my Daniel. He is doing so much better now. May get to come home in a day or two!
Ruthie said…
YIPPEEE>. SO GLAD Suzette!
:)