a Change in Plans :)(UPDATED times 2!)


ok..heres the issue

going out of town tomorrow..

long run on Sat planned 9 miles, I dont want to run that far in a strange neighborhood.. ..

so. i have decided to do my LONG run in the morning!

that means.. shorter runs while i am gone.. which is good.. but.. also means that the "bad run" i had today must have been for a reason :) funny how things work out :)

so.. heres to tomorrow morning and a GREAT run.

on a siden note we are going to san antonio tomorrow.. so i will hopefully get to drive the route of the marathon while i am there! dont know if that is a good or bad idea.. it will def show me how far 26 miles is ! ouch.

more tomorrow after some time "alone" running :)

------UPDATE------
THURSDAY 7-31-08

614 am.. fixin to walk out the door for the long run.. got up at 545am. no problem... was a bit dizzy this morning but i think it was cause my brain was still asleep while i was trying to walk around... a glass of OJ and about 15 mins later and i am fine.

more in about an hour and a half (i still cant believe i am running this far.. crazy.)

______UPDATE 2_____


OK>> i am am back left about 630.. oh and what a run!

I felt GREAT! the whole time! yes.. alllll 9 miles. .. well.. i did have an ache or a pain here or there.. but for the most part just felt awesome. After yesterday mornings run.. it was a joy to be out there and feeling good.

After about 2 miles i met up with two gals (younger than me).. one of them is somewhat of a local celebrity. She is a news anchor for our local tv news station. I have seen her out running before with this other girl who i assume is her personal trainer..
anyway.. I stopped for a second to get a drink from my water bottle (that i had hidden in the bushes by the way) and they ran past me.. I started jogging and ended up following them .. at their pace for 3 miles. It was funny cause they kept looking back to see if i was there. I ran 2 and a half with them .. being about 10 feet behind .. .. it was fun... their pace was perfect for me :)

but

it was also surreal. you see.. 2 years ago. when i first started to workout and get in shape (again) i had seen them and was i awe of their "in shape-ness" and ability to run with such ease. I remember thinking "it sure must be nice to be that fit and run that easy" and "to have such a small waist.!!! and muscular legs" .. I remember it like yesterday.
and today.
today... my friends........

when they were stretching they waved and said "HI" and i said hi back. and then.. I KEPT GOING!!!... i ran 4 more miles after they stopped!

now.. thats just NUTS!

wow..

I must must must figure out what to bring with me to eat on the longer runs.. i got so hungry at mile 6.. but kept going.. I just dont know what to take.. but i need to figure it out.

feels great have the long run done so now we can do short runs while i am gone... wish me luck at the water park.. hopefully i wont get sunburned too bad !

I never knew nine miles could feel so good!
9 miles: 1 hour 29mins. barely under my 10 min per mile pace goal for this morning. :)



now its time to go pack.. :)
r

Comments

Josha said…
your run sounds amazing! Great job and hurray for the opportunity to feel your progress in a tangible, surreal way!
JRo said…
I LUV your thoughts and comments about the two girls running. I so understand that. I kind of feel like I am starting to get into that kind of thing myself. Feels great, right!