the dreaded 5 (UPDATE)


well.. not really dreaded.. but sorta worried i wouldnt make it all the way and have to call someone to come pick me up :) LOL>.
but i made it! 5 miles running most.
its funny how through the run it ebs and flows of ahhhh this feels great to.. ahhhh i am going to die.. to ahhh.. this feels great i could do this forever.. to AHHHHH can i quit :) ..
but..
i ended on a good note and felt really great at the end :)
bad news is my nike plus battery is KaPUT. so.. the 5 mile run only registered as a half mile.. .. but oh well.. just add 5miles to the total over there in the side bar and you can figure how much farther we have left to go :)

.. ok.. busy day.. lawn to mow.. garage frame boards to paint.. kids to take to see a famous childrens artist.. and thats in less than an hour!..
gotta go.

Gotcha Suzette.. THANKS! now tonight i can catch up with your blog !

UPDATE
I have been posting on Happy Housewives club and thought i would share with the nonHHWC gals what i just wrote :)

On the having kids front and trying to workout.. its tough.. it really is.. but i got to where the option was either workout or be fat and lazy. some days i would wake up and say "ok.. i can lay here in bed since the kids are all still asleep OR i can get up and workout for 20 min... i made my simple saying in my head "do i want to be fat or FIT"..... I finally got to where I chose FIT over fat ..

It just takes one day at a time.. one workout at a time... give yourself a break.. being a mom is hard work yes... but .. we should never use it as an excuse to not work towards a goal. we need to be fit for our kids sake! to pick them up when they get hurt.. to be able to carry them from the car to the house when they fall asleep in the car! ..

it also gets a bit depressing to get in shape and then get pregnant.. I always gained soooo much weight with my babies that it was like starting all over again. Thats why..not quiting is important.

YOU can do it! .. Just make up your mind to. you wouldnt let the dishes sit for week without washing them..you wouldnt got for three days without brushing your teeth..
think of working out and eating better the same way.. its just a habit and something that MUST be done.. (like changing diapers.. its not any fun.. but we all feel better after its taken care of LOL


dont miss progress pics below :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH NO! I wondered why it wasn't there anymore..I thought maybe you didn't like me anymore...just kidding! here it is.
www.qfs-blog.blogspot.com
sauchagirl said…
You are such an inspiration and so positive. Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it.
Josha said…
super job on your 5 miles! I'm sad about your battery...now, how will we get to hoop and holler????
Anonymous said…
you are so right about doing it for your kids. i lke your mantra of "do i want to be fit or fat?!" Choosing fit is the way to go for sure. I tried to lose weight before, in between having kids, then I would get pregnant again and used that as an "excuse" not to exercise or eat right...boy was I wrong! i only got fatter after each one! women out there without kids or who want more...don't do like i did! start right now! don't wait until...no excuses, no regrets!