heres the plan :)


ok.. its official.. i have decided what I am doing over the next 12 weeks.

I will begin BFL weight training on Monday (april 14th) with my end date on JULY 4th! Isnt that fun! Its a total of 82 days instead of 84 but I think it will be fun to end it on the 4th!

I will also begin a 14 week training for a 1/2 marathon. Using the training guide in Marathoning for Mortals. I will actually begin on the 3rd week since the first two weeks of the program work you up to a 3mile run (and i am already doing that :) .. so it works out good to have a 12 week running plan too! ..

so.. what are YOU doing July 4th? want to train for a run-walk with me?

I will probably invite some friends over the morning of the 4th, .. we have a neighborhood parade around 10am that starts right in front of our house :) .. anyway.. i will invite friends over to run before the parade that morning and i will run my 1/2 marathon that morning :) OR i might just use my Nike+ and go it alone.. either way.. i will run a 1/2 on the 4th :) hehe..I will probably create a challenge on Nike+ for other runners to join in too on that date :)

I love Marathoning for Mortals book.. its training plans are easy and it is written so that you really know ANYONE can run a marathon :) Want to take a look inside the book? click here

of course a new training plan MUST equal a new design to my blog :) I all about loving change.. so be watching for that too :) (guess what the theme will be:)

to answer Josha's Question:
The book has plans for the following..

walking 1/2 and full
walking most with some running 1/2 and full.
running most with some walking 1/2 and full.
and running 1/2 and full.

I am going to try doing the running most 1/2 with eventual plans of doing a full in the fall.

the training plans are great..
but during the week you go a certain time (30min and increasing ever few weeks) alternating walking and running.. then on the weekends you do a long run .. for endurance.. I will post a picture of my plan later today :)

come on. .. do it with me!!!!! :) hehehe..

Comments

Josha said…
FIREWORKS! I love it!
So, when people run marathons or 1/2 marathons, do they actually run the whole thing? Or is there some walking? :)
sauchagirl said…
You are making me tired just thinking about it. I'm going to click your link and take a peek at the book. I think I will also stop on the fourth simply because we'll be on vacation.
sauchagirl said…
You sold me. I bought it.
Josha said…
His other book, No Need for Speed, also looks good. Hey, I've wondered if it might be fun to have a virtual race against each other....maybe a 5K and the prize is something silly on our blogs. Just thinking...
Anonymous said…
i was actually thinking of doing a mini shred to end on the 4th, but i need to finish out the mission i'm on now before i should think of another one. i might do a 12 week shred to end on my birthday in august. but, you won't see me running though! never really liked to run. walk, yes, run, no. will cheer you on for sure!!!