Dust in the Wind

Co-op today was great busy but great.

I have missed my last two workouts. Yesterday I didnt make time before 6pm.. with boys hairs to cut, supper to make and you know all that other mom stuff.. it just didnt happen. I WAS going to workout after we got home from Bible class but it was stormy and DH moved all the garage sale stuff to the workout side of the garage so we can get our car in.. (it was spose to hail). So last night didnt happen

today was busy and after co-op DH and i got to out on a date to Abuelo's for mexican food! (yummy) and now i am just plain ole tired. So.., no worries.. will probably just run tomorrow morning with the track moms :)

My eats have been going great. I wanted to write a bit here about my progress in that area cause i have really felt GREAT and made some huge strides toward becoming sugar and caffiene free :) Here are the highlights:
  • Yesterday was my 2 week annyvesary with NO caffeine (now.. i know i had a coke this past weekend .. of which it made me feel aweful.. but i still consider this my 2 weeks straight!) This is a huge milestone for me and i am thrilled!
  • Its officially 18 days with little sugar. I still have salad dressing, a few dark choc chips every now and then and a tad of jelly on my toast. But No white sugar added to anything and trying hard to stay away from HFCS.
  • I have increased my fruits and veggies drastically compaired to a few months ago and i can tell a HUGE difference. I am actually craving salad and esp tomatoes! (wierd huh)
  • I drink only water and a bit of fruit juice every day... nothing else.
  • I am actually eating more frequently than 6 meals a day. If i have a sugar craving or start to think i am feeling a bit sluggish i just grab a clamentine or fresh madriane orange (yummy)
I can really tell taking better care with my diet is starting to pay off in more ways than one. I was up until after one AM last night and I KNEW i would need that caffeine this morning to get going for co-op so early. But i had OJ instead. I was tired when i first got up but after i ate i felt GREAT. My energy levels were fantastic all day and i did not feel tired or need to just sit and rest once today! (that is so unusual for me) ..
So today was a HUGE day for me. I have now given up the excuse that a short amount of sleep is a reason to drink caffeine. I realize now the sugar-caffeine i would have had would just have made me feel worse instead of better. So now i really have NO reasons to drink it. I am tickled pink! AND i am turning into a morning person like i use to be when i was a kid! wow.

ok all for now.. need to go to bed .. i am sleepy :)

OH.. and i wanted to tell you all.. a friend came a week or so ago to visit about BFL.. i loaned her my book and cookbook.. i saw her today i could tell she had made progress! and guess what.. she has already lost SIX pounds! YIPPEE for her!!!!! i am so inspired by her.. and wow it just makes me more excited to start a new round on Monday!

Progress.. not sugar..

oopps.. thats not it..

Progress.. not perfection:) LOL>

(wondering why the post is called dust in the wind? its because we had HUGE dust storm today! yuk)

Comments

Josha said…
That all sounds fantastic! I'm excited for you too! Do you know that you are terrific?
sauchagirl said…
Progress not sugar works too. : )

Mexican sounds awesome. You must get a lot of good Mexican food down there. I love good Mexican and we only have one restaraunt here that has it.

You are doing so great with your sugar and caffeine. I wish I had the drive to kick the caffeine too. I have been drinking way too much iced tea these days. I should try and make it decaf.

I am so excited for you to start BFL and your friend sounds like they are doing amazing. Do they have a blog?

Have a great day and stay out of the storms!
Ruthie said…
no she doesnt have a blog .. maybe one day she will :) she is great.