Decisions

ok.. so i need to make a few decisions as to the training i need to be doing.

I think my shoulder could handle a bit more weight training now..although i will still take it slow(light).. but i am tired of not having a written game plan.. so i am considering what to do..
i might do BFL training (12 weeks) or do the blitz training (8 weeks) ... I will still continue to try and increase my speed on the 5k and "best Mile" while at the same time try and increase my distance.. with a goal of running a 10k this summer (june?)

this morning is track for the kids.. so i will go walk with the gals and then do weights this afternoon.

I totally took a free day yesterday on eats (although i started the morning good by taking oranges to Bible class)... but crashed when it came to the Doritoes and Choc Covered raisins i ate most of the day :) LOL... as a result I was feeling like my old "pre-sugarbeast" self.. no energy.. .. and this morning i hated waking up with NO energy. So today.. is back to my feel great eating plan.. little sugar (ex fruits) and no caffeine.

I am also currently reading Sugar Shock. .... and its interesting so far some of the issue she had are some that i have.. I will post a "review" on my sugar page when i get finished.


off to track :)
blessings
r

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! You look great! Found your blog via My Body For Life. Just wanted to find out who this "other Ruthie" was. ;)

Take care!
Unknown said…
Yeah I'm a little slow today after a free weekend, but today is back on track! Keep up the great work.
Josha said…
Hey, we are on week 6 in the blitz if you want to jump back in!!!
The trick for a woman in this muscle building program is realizing that your smaller muscles cant always accommodate the larger ones...like your chest could lift more than your shoulders can handle...so you have to 1. start off with lighter weight to warm up the muscles and see what it feels like before bumping it up for your next set and 2. let yourself rest between sets like it says and 3. just honor those smaller muscle groups realizing that you may have reached a point where your larger muscles could do more, but staying where you are until your smaller muscle groups catch up.
sauchagirl said…
Great info Josha!

I vote for BFL! I start next Monday!
Josha said…
checkin' on ya! I can't wait to find out what you decide to do!