cross training day

today was an "OFF" day from running. I was to cross train today. Tomorrow is a 4mile run :) YIPPEE..

so this morning the kids had track. DH took the day off and went with us. I basically walked fast and jogged beside DH while he walked. We also sprinted a 100yard dash.. he barely beat me :) (he has longer legs!.. TWO of them! )
anyway.. It logged 3.72 miles.. but it was light and easy. I thought it would take us over the top on our 15er challenge.. but it didnt.. but.. tomorrow..THAT will be the day :)

I also took the kids swimming this afternoon at the university pool. I swam for an hour. did some weight resistance work etc.. and lots of swimming, breast, back, and freestyle :) .. I am t. i. a. r. d.
"TIE.... ARD" (thats Texans for tired) :)LOL


so.. good day.. looking forward to tomorrow.. will do bicepts and tris tomorrow after i run. :)

eats were a bit off today.. urg. .. but its ok.. progress.. NOT perfection is the key :)

Thinking of the next Nike+ challenge..

OH.. and after swimming with my old swim suit on thurs and today.. buying a new one is a must! I would like to buy on that is like a triathelon type suit.. any of you gals know any good stores for that kinda stuff? figure it would be good to spend the money on something i could ride, run AND swim in ::)

more later..
r

Comments

Josha said…
You took us over the top! We win! Yippeeeee! You are on some kind of a roll now! Great job with it all!
Ruthie said…
yeah.. i guess i did.. I guess it takes a while for the added runs to make the journey over to our challenge.
will post another challenge soon!
this is fun!
r