OUCH! URG! OH MAN!

well.. it happened like this
there i was happily doing my first round of bench press.. I was on my 3 rep of my LAST set... and UHHO.. my right shoulder did that "thing" that its done before.. It hurt just a tad but it was more like it needed to be popped. ... but.. then i put the weights up and just walked around stretching it in every direction..
It hurt when i brought my elbow paralelle with my shoulder.. and when i did the bench press motion with No weight..
so
what am i do to do?

I decided to do something i have never done before.. I did shoulders with just my LEF side.. my good side.. I kept the weights lite since it was new .... and i stretched and did some "just motion" with NO weight...
I was afraid it would keep me from doing my bis and tris .. but i gave it a go.. and it was fine! ..

so..
now the plan is to rest the shoulder.. like i always do.. and give it time to heal up again..
(playing softball from 5 to age 17 was fun... but this throwing arm.. .. that could hit home plate from deep center field i might add.. sure is making me pay for all those throws!)

Eats have bee good today! Almost completed day 4 with no sugar... I was surprised i actually had a craving for sugar today!

Oh and on the family side of things.. my kids are on low-no sugar plan too.. I cant believe the withdrawals some of them are having... One of my kids... in particular.. is SO much like me..... This makes me more determined to change THEIR diets too.. to get healthy as a family... .. (more on that later..)..

I am out of time.. need to get ready to leave..

how was YOUR workout?

Comments

Anonymous said…
i had a good workout today despite having a cold with a hoarse throat. I know what you are saying about chaning the kids diet. I successfully got my boys off of pop tarts but still struggle to even get them to eat any veggies. if i can get husband to be on same page i might be successful in changing the kids' diet.
Unknown said…
Agreed - YEOW! What a work out! Great job getting it in! You rock!