Blitz, snow, and jack

Hey Girls! ..
well.. what a day!

I have made a second day with NO sugar except from my fruit, three sips of hot choc. and a tad of salad dressing!
I did have a slight headache for about 30 mins today but i knew it was probably from lack of caffeine.. so i took a ONE hydroxycut and that took care of it. I am feeling GREAT!

I slept GREAT last night! It is AMAZING how much better I slept AND i woke up rested! .. I KNOW its from changing what i am putting in my body! so encouraging to me!

what did I eat?
pineapple and two boiled eggs
salad with one boiled egg, a tad of motz cheese, tad of Italian dressing (which i found i wished i had left it off),
almonds, a bit of dark choc, a few bits of pineapple
salad with fat free refried beans, a few chips crushed up, hot sauce, light sour cream,
will have shake before bed.

now for the exciting news!

I am STRONGER!
Yes. i am !
I did my last strength test before the flu.... i just took my strength test for this 8 week blitz.. and I was soooo surprised! .. I AM STRONGER! I thought i would be weaker.. but I am stronger on all lifts except squats. .. I am fine with that!

HERES THE RESULTS: first test is in blue.. second(today) is red
chest press: 85lbs 5 times.......95lbs 4 times
squats: 95lbs 5 times. .... 95lbs 5 times (same)
hammer curls: 20lbs 5 times.......25lbs 5 times
leg extensions: 75lbs 5 times....... 90lbs 5 times

This convinces me even more that it is Soooooo important to just keep going. No matter what hinders your workout or eating plans for a while.. no matter now long you are having to wait to get back to "normal".. just start up again.. and DONT QUIT! Our bodies are amazing things! God made us absolutely amazing!!! Just dont quit!

I am so excited to start this 8 week journey and hope to improve my strength even more!

I found these tonight after listening to a podcast (see below)





Ok.. so now for some more fun stuff.
I have another pod cast i listened to tonight as i was working out.. .. it was an interview with Jack Lalanne .. on Dr. McDougall's podcasts. .. oh.. its sooo good.. he is such an inspiration! check it out on itunes do a search for Dr Mcdougall's podcasts.. the one I listened too was dated 5-28-07.. it WILL inspire you. promise. The link i posted on Jack Lalanne.. also has radio podcasts you can listen too.. I am listening to one right now.... of course he is a bit corney.. but he is also inspiring..! .. ..

OH..
and get this..
its SNOWED here today!.. crazy weather here.. 80s for two days in a row.. and today.... in the low 30s.. and sleet-snow! .... wow.. ..

how about a quote marathon from jack?

"if you want to loose weight, stop smoking, or change you life.. you have to believe you can do it!"

"Do you know how many calories are in butter and cheese and ice cream? Would you get your dog up in the morning for a cup of coffee and a donut?"

"Focus on your problem zones, your strength, your energy, your flexibility and all the rest. Maybe your chest is flabby or your hips or waist need toning. Also, you should change your program every thirty days. That's the key."

"Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you.
"





Comments

Josha said…
great post! so excited to have you back!! :)
Unknown said…
Hooray for you!
sauchagirl said…
I'll have to go back and watch the videos. I didn't have time right now. You're doing awesome and so strong.

Do you eat the yolks when you eat hard boiled eggs?

Have you found a dressing that is good to have on this plan?