D7- Saying NO... Saying Yes



"When you say no, you're also saying yes" (this is from Bills Success Journal d65)
"When you sit down and make plans for when you're going to workout, what you're going to eat, when your going to eat, as well as decided what goals you're going to achieve each day, you're not only making a list of things you will do, you're making a list of things won't do. For example, if your friends invite you out for pizza and beer and it's not your free day, you have to just flat out say no. Saying no to people doe not mean pushing them away or isolating yourself. It means that you're making changes for the better---changing your priorities, changing your habits, and changing your life. Realize that when you say no, you're also saying yes. You're saying yes to taking another step forward to looking and feeling better; you're saying yes to building your self-discipline, increasing your self-esteem, strengthening your willpower and gaining control of your life!"

As I struggled to get out of bed t his morning (after another late late night cause my Daddy was having blood pressure problems and i wanted to be at the hospital with them.. he's fine and at home now) I laid there and thought.. "well.. todays the day i workout first thing!" "today starts my new schedule". OH I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep. :) But.. I knew I would feel better if i got up and got my workout done. So.. before I even got dressed to workout i grabbed my old success journal and opened it up to that page. OH.. Isnt it GOOD!.
so..
heres what I said no too.. and yes too.. already today:
1. I said no to just laying in bed for 30 more mins, and yes to getting up :)
2. I said no to biscuits the kids had made and yes to 4 oz of OJ.
3. I said no to just going ahead and starting the other parts of my day.. and YES to working out first!
4. and.. I said NO again to the leftover biscuits.. and yes to a glass of water.. and a healthy breakfast :)

Here's my workout:
Lunges (three sets of 8 with bar weighing 30)
squats (on smith.. 65lbs 12.10.8)
leg ext. 12.10.8.6 with 25lbs
leg curls 12.12 with 25lbs
lat pull downs 12.10.8.6.24 ( with 20 and 40lbs)
bi curls 12.10.8.6 24 with 10s, 15s, 20s

I have lost so much of my strength.. and today was my first workout with weights in the garage.. I did what I could.. but pushed myself.. I am focusing on the future and trying not to worry how much strength i have lost.. I know it will return if i just keep going. :)

So.. Here's to saying NO while saying YES.. Honoring my self promise to workout first thing in the morning, and Looking at the future instead of wishing for the past. :)

would love to hear what you have said "no------yes" too.. :)

heres to a great day.
blessings
r

Comments

sauchagirl said…
Great post Ruthie!

I'm saying no to chocolate covered donuts with jelly beans that the little ones got from the grocery store this morning and yes to a smaller waistline and better health!
Unknown said…
Good for you! I'm not sure what I said NO to today because it didn't really come up, haha. BUT I said YES to an hours worth of belly dancing and a great weight work out! Hope tomorrow is great for you!
JW said…
Thank you Ruthie! I needed this thread today! :)