Protien Powder Problem, New Products, Shopping and fitting it all in! :)


I have been wanting to post about this for about a week or so but I went to buy protien powder a few weeks ago.. (last week maybe) and I discovered they had gone WAY up on price! a large tub use to cost about 30 bucks and now its 50 something bucks! I am so frustrated because I love this protien.. I just dont know if I want to pay that much for it! .. UGH>
so
those of you who use protein powder.. what brand do you use and why? does it have an aftertaste? does it have artificial sweeteners? (its a no go for me if it does.. those ASweetener throw me for a loop!)..

I made the decision a few weeks ago to try something new in the way of eats.. and here are some products I have found that I love.

  • Bear Creek Soup mixes >.. they are good. I have tried the Tortilla soup mix and have in my cabinet minestrone and chili to try.. they come with everything you need.. just boil water and add contents.. i also add meat (chicken or turkey).. I was surprised how good they tasted! and FAST to fix,. .15 mins!

  • Instant Refried Beans.. .. This comes in a package and you boil water and add the contents.. no artificial flavors or colors.. just dehydrated beans and salt. .. I add a bit of seasoning to them but the boys love them. and its sooo much better for you than the canned refried beans and all the lard that they contain! ingredients: pinto beans, salt. (thats it!) 5 mins to cook.. thats it!

  • If you are into making shakes.. i found that if you add a bit of frozen yogurt it makes it nice and thick.. adds a bit of carbs so be careful if you are watching carbs but ummmm so good. (thanks for this tip Angell)
would love to see and hear any new products you might be trying..

I am in need of a few new clothes (esp western dancing clothes/boots with heals.. my DH is 6ft7 with his boots on so I will need to where some HEEEEALS when we get dancing good :) hehe..
any of you have some favorite stores.. or favorite online stores with great pricing?

OH.. and I need to hear how you guys that are in the pushup and chin up challenge are incorporating it into your workouts. I find issues on days when its upper body (two days in a row).. do you just do it on cardio days? of is it better to just rest those days? .. trying to figure out how to fit it all in :)


off to bed with me.. (was waiting for the washer to finish so i could hang a shirt to dry. so my time is up :)

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Unknown said…
It's been so long since I've worked out - I feel like a lazy bum, but I'm excited about being back on after I move on Friday. I really don't have any answers to your questions, but the food you suggested sounds delicious. Will keep you updated as I get settled in and such in CO.
Josha said…
I'm hoping that my blitz workouts will be enough...I could do 12 in my pushup "test" and that is up from 8 at the beginning of the blitz. We'll see.
I like EAS myoplex lite, but it's expensive too.
There is one that I tried to order because it is more natural with no artificial sweeteners, but it was out of stock...I can't think of the name of it now...I'll email it to you when I think of it.
My latest favorite food is roasted veggies with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper,and rosemary...
Also, pumellos...if you like grapefruit, you'll LOVE pumellos!
JW said…
I don't have answers for you, either... :( Sorry!! But if I come across something I will share with you. I am looking now, too. I do like Muscle Milk Light, but it does have artificial sweeteners... I don't like the taste of myoplex.... I will have to start lookin'!