hospital. +UPDATE+


spent most of the day at the hospital with my mom and dad. (thought of you Suzette)
He is fine.. had another "spell" with his blood pressure.. he will meet with cardiologist tomorrow.

Nothing like spending the day in a hospital and seeing sick people coming in and out.. to motivate you to get fit! I am not kidding! from the extra wide wheel chairs, to the three people i saw with oxygen tanks.. to seeing the extreemly over weight mother bring her sick child (the child had hospital bands on .. was about 3 years old).. to the vending machine to get her SICK child a COKE and CHEETOES! .. wow.

It was just another AH HA moment for me.. to re-direct my thinking and rededicate myself to eating healthy and takin care of this old body. Makes me want to scream (to them and MYSELF) DONT YOU REALIZE YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT? YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO?

so I am off to lift weights (day three of my blitz) and drink some more water.... and focus on progress.. not perfection.

Life is way to short to treat my body like a trash bin. no more junk...

I am on a mission ..to grow old and stay healthy. and it starts (again) today.

UPDATE: 7.53pm
ok.. just finished my workout.. I thought i would be able to get to it this afternoon but it didnt workout the way I wanted.. so .. after supper.. I hit the garage :) .. did back and bis and abs.. ( blitz workout #3)
feels great.. I really tried to push myself.. I got so "hot" in the "cold" garage that I took my sweat shirt off and got to see some arm muscles as I flexed :) ..

tomorrow.. is my planned busy day :) .. (co-op).. so I will post after I workout ... I also MUST go grocery shopping tomorrow night.. so it will be busy plus groceries :) ..

Did you hear my sis.. Joann.. has officially lost a total of 50lbs!!!!! WAY TO GO SIS!!! you rock!

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad things are looking good! I hope your work out was as killer as ours was! I'm starving now, and need to find some food before my muscles start screaming! Have a spectacular day tomorrow!
Josha said…
Hospitals... not fun.
Glad your dad is better. Glad you are there for him.
Glad you got your stellar workout in!
sauchagirl said…
Sorry you spent the day in the hospital but glad your dad is ok. Sometimes those things happen for a reason. Wake up calls!

Have a great, busy day!
Anonymous said…
well sorry the hospital made you think of me. ;) sometimes it feels like a prison to be at the hospital. i know what you mean about seeing the sick people and what they feed their kids. i see this daily at the mall (where I work) and sorry to say i struggle with this at home with my own kids wanting junk i have fed them for years that is hard to get them away from.(sorry to say the husband doesn't help). it is an aha moment! makes you want to push harder and make better choices. I am sure you are so proud of your sister for losing 50 lbs.! yay Joann!
Unknown said…
how are ya today?