Does this count?

Does carrying wooden/metal folding chair pews count as a workout? Today after church our family helped dismantle the churches pew chairs. They were wooden and metal and 48 years old!
We carried them out of the building and loaded them on to flat bed trucks and 2 semis. I also helped unload at the ware house.. It took 6 people or more per pew they were so long and heavy. This workout was 2.5 hours or so. I WILL be sore tomorrow i am sure because I used some muscles I didnt know I had and that would never get worked out with a blitz lift session :)

so I am very tired! but it was great fun to work hard for a change instead of doing housework :) also pretty cool that all these big burly strong men were .. at first.. trying to come over and help me and the other few ladies that were there to help carry.. but after a while they saw that I could keep up :) .. Yet another reason to be in shape! To help when needed! what a blessing!

On the homefront.. I worked on art today too.. heres one picture..of an unfinished one..

click here to see my mini art studio and more work I completed this weekend! YES....PROGRESS!

Comments

sauchagirl said…
Beautiful Art.

Your workout sounds amazing and you were able to help your church. That makes it even more worth it.
Ruthie said…
sooooooo sore this morning (monday).. every muscle from between my toes to my ears :) hehehe..
yes. good workout
JW said…
Oh yeah... that's a workout! A workout with a cause, the best kind. LOVE your art, Ruth! I am taking an oil painting class just for fun starting this month! ;) I hope it all sells!! Keep strong!
Unknown said…
You rock! I love showing up the boys. :-D Art is great too!! Keep it all up!