Blitz workout #12

Today was yet another busy day! My workout didnt start until 8pm tonight.. which .. is just fine.:) at
least I got it done:)

Friday nights start our free day.. so I had 1.25 slices and 1 cinn stick.. plus 1/2 glass of coke. Funny thing is.. the coke gave me a headache.. so I have NO desire to have another tomorrow.. one a freeday is fine by me. (thought I would never say that!.. little miss 6pack a day here:)
so..
after my high carb free meal I headed to the workout room (cold garage) and did my lifting..

Narrow Grip Lat Pulldown.. high point 8 reps at 60lbs
Wide Grip lat Pulldown.. high point 6 reps at 50lbs
Preacher Bench Barbell Curl.. high point 10 reps at 30lbs
Incline dumbbell Curl.. high point 7 reps at 20lbs and 3 reps at 15lbs

Abs on the blitz workout were leg lifts.. but I had a video I got at the library and so I decided to do it.. and UGH.. what a workout. I haven't done a fitness video on ages.. this one was GREAT.. I did the whole 32 mins! I know I will be sore tomorrow! :) (OH and the boys did it with me.. now that was cute to watch.. 8 and 6 year old working to get those "sexy abs")


Pull Up Update:
In between lifting sessions tonight I worked on my pull ups using the smith machine and starting on my knees and pulling myself up .. and then I moved the bar up and used a step stool to stand on so i could do assisted pull ups and last but not least I had to reps of seeing how long I could just hold myself up there.. (it wasn't long!) .. I know that if I just keep going I will get stronger and leaner and eventually I WILL be able to do a few pull ups :)

I can tell I am making progress.. and of course I LOVE progress! The biggest thing I have noticed is I am getting stronger and adding more muscle. I will take pictures on Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing if there are any noticeable changes :) .. I think the reason I have made progress is 1. the workout program helps me focus on going to fatigue. 2. I have more energy for my workouts because i make sure and eat before I lift. and 3. My body has more time to rest between lifting sessions.

so.. here is to yet another busy day that was NOT PERFECT. .. but that I hope will help me to continue to make progress.

I have continued to do research on personal trainer certification and have that as a goal for this year.. who knows.. maybe thats another way i will celebrate my 40th birthday in september.. 100 pushups.. 10 pullups and a personal trainer certificate :)

until tomorrow
be proud of your progress
don't focus on perfection
and
be determined to change

YOU CAN DO IT> :)R

Comments

Unknown said…
Great post! Can't wait to see all of the changes you're making! I'll be back on and going in a week or so. Until then, I am enjoying my friends and family to the fullest. :-D Keep it up!