Are you Comfortable

Good Afternoon Ladies.. I have some random thoughts to share :)

As I get closer to 40 I am realizing just how much I have stayed in my comfort zone over the years. I was raised to be ultra conservative in many ways. But as I grow (get older) and realize some of my "comfort" has led to my in ability to follow my dreams. So.. this post is to help get out of the comfort zone of me and help kick start the new improved me :)
  • Creating this blog was a huge issue for me.. and sharing my experiences along this journey have not always been as easy as they are today. So this blog has helped and will help again to get me to journal and get my thoughts out in the open.
  • I had real issues with posting my pictures for the longest time. I was raised.. as I said ultra conservative.... so I had to get over the "issues" I had with my body and that it was OK to show my belly button, or shoulders.... wearing a bikini was a sin and I still have issues with the bikini pictures but I leave them up so I will eventually become "ok" with it. I would NEVER wear a bikini in public.. NEVER.. so this is a huge deal for me.
  • When I first started working out in my garage.. I wanted to hid.. just to have the garage door open while I lifted was exposing myself to the world and saying "hey.. look at me.. I am working out!" .. it was a comfort zone stretcher :)
  • Tomorrow we take our first country western dance class.. I have been telling myself I will NOT chicken out.. but .. again.. I want to stretch the zone.. so I will go.. and it will be ok. :)
All this to say..
It is so easy in life to get in our comfort zones and just stay there. Same routines, same friends, same habits, same job, same.. well.. same everything. Comfort zones are ok.. i guess.. as long as they dont hold you back. But I had zones that needed changing.. and I will continue to strive towards pushing myself to be happy our of my zone. I want to push the envelope.. I dont want to just grow old and be "content" with my zones. I want as much of life as I can get..,and that my friends isnt always as easy as it sounds.

so..
Heres to comfort zones.. and how jumping out of one every now and then could lead to ideas turning into dreams. I want to participate in the process of my life.. not sit on the back row while life controls where I go, how I feel, and what I do.

(upcoming posts will include.. topics on talents, how anyone can inspire, and dreams :)

(be sure and read below if you haven already :) .. happy tagging!

until next time
be strong,
be confident
and believe

Comments

JoAnn said…
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Outta those comfort zones. Yeah, we were raised by the same two people and therefore have challenges with body image, comfort zones, thinking outta the box...such is life! So proud of you for posting the pics and becoming comfortable with who YOU are! Luuuvvvv, J.