9.28pm workout and confessions

yes.. I JUST finished a cardio session at almost 9.30pm!.. crazy huh.. but hey at least I got it done.

I have been busy allll day working on the house and trying desperately to gain control (again) of my house. I got a twin bed frame from my parents and fixed it up for my son, cleaned the massively dirty kitchen (twice) .. made homemade pizza and cinn sticks for the family instead of ordering out tonight, did laundry... cleaned out my closet (UGH), and organized my bedroom. .. my feet were tired from all the standing I did today (most of it) and I truly did NOT want to workout tonight.
I had already missed Wednesday.. so I knew I really didnt want to miss today.. but I sure was tempted..
and then I talked to my sis-in-law Angell.. and she has not missed a workout this week at the gym! .. she had excuses today.. but she didnt let them stop her..
and then I got a nanny nanny boo boo from Josha.. and sure enough.. SHE had gotten it done today too.. snow and all!.
so
I strapped on the shoes and took a stroll on the treadmill. I havent run in about a week.. so I had to take it easy.. but I walked and jogged and now I feel soooooooo good!
while on the mill i had a thought for a post .... and here it is:

confessions of a 18 month fitness fanatic:
I confess that:
  • I use to wear dark sunglasses while walking or jogging outside cause I didnt want to look people in the face.

  • that now I love it when guys whistle at me.. (its only happened twice) of course they are seeing me from behind and thinking I am a college girl. OH for a t-shirt that says: "almost 40 year old mother of 3 wife to 6ft 5in man of steel" :) .. I think its soooo funny.. I mean.. technically I could be the same age at their own mother!!!

  • I never thought I would have a habit of fitness in my life.

  • I use to dread rolling over in bed because I would always pull a muscle in my stomach while doing so (result of two c-sections .. and weak abdominal muscles)

  • for a short while I would get up and run at 5:45 in the morning before the sun came up!.. and LOVED it.

  • I use to have to wear two bras to keep them babies in place just so I could take a light jog on the treadmill.

  • I use to have to make sure and ALWAYS wear spandex while running because my thighs would always rub together and wow.. the resulting "burn" sure would hurt.

  • I use to wake up and eat in the middle of the night (usually 2 or 3 pieces of bread).

  • I Love to workout to Shakira, Def Lepard, ABBA, Elvis, Led Zeplin, ZZ top and big lips guy.. oh yeah.. Aerosmith.

  • I was thrilled to weigh today and find that I had lost another pound! (and I have not been eating that well these days.. ..).. proves once you get the furnace going again.. it will burn it.. the more muscle.. the more you burn :)
so.. all for tonight..
i am off to finish off the boys room so they will have beds to sleep in and also so they can wake up first thing in the morning and play their wii. :)(which is allowed only on the weekends) :)

blessings
ruthie

Comments

sauchagirl said…
Great job for getting out there and doing it. It's nice to know the program still works after 18 months. I had 3 c-sections. I know what those pains are like.

Enjoy your weekend.
JW said…
Awesome post! It was this post that got my sorry butt to the gym today. I figured, "If Ruth can workout late at night, surely I can trudge on over there at FOUR IN THE AFTERNOON!!!" :)

And, I so used to wake up and eat in the middle of the night! YIKES!! Loved the confessions.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.