Holiday Blitz

Introducing my the next challenge for myself. After doing BFL for 18 months I am wanting to change up my workouts and eats just a bit to see if I can get myself to a new level. This will be a four week challenge for me. I am following the Maximum Growth Four Week Blitz which is created by Shawn Phillips. If you have read Joshas blog she discovered it and we are happily going to do this together!

Please let me explain that I in NO WAY want to discourage anyone from continuing or starting Body for Life. Body for Life is the Life for me! .. This Christmas Blitz program I am doing will just be a mini (hard) challenge and then my plan is to start another round of BFL on Jan 7th(ish). I dont know how much you have read on getting "cut" but one thing is that is good to change things up a bit every once in a while. This program is close to BFL.. but a few changes"

  • I will still eat 6 times a day but be more conscious of my timing on eats, carb intake and portion size.
  • I will not take the supplements it recommends but stick with CLA and my Twin labs Protein Powder.
  • I will follow the workout plan which is a bit more specific than BFL..
  • I will do a strength test before and after
  • I will do picture and measurements before and after
  • I will do only HIIT training during the blitz.. and if I go for a jog it will just be for fun. :)
  • I will have only 2 free days... one on Christmas Eve (night) through Christmas Day. and New Years Ever (night) through New Years Day. (to be honest after this past free day I am looking forward to just feeling good and have NO craving for a free day ... I just dont like the way I feel when i am free...... so on these freedays I will still make sure I dont eat Pizza and Cinn sticks! :)
  • I will be cutting out carbs as of 4pm everyday. (more on that later)
  • I will still post every day (unless I cant get to a computer .. like this coming weekend when I am traveling)
I think that is it. Here are my goals for this Blitz Challenge:

  • Push myself at every workout.
  • Eat as Planned even when traveling
  • Stay Positive
  • Workout as best i can even though I will be traveling
  • At the end of my 4 week blitz I want to see visible changes to my physique.. including at least a hint of a 4 pack and "cut" arms back and shoulders
  • I would love to be comfy in my 4s.
  • Increase my strength and endurance.
When I complete the challenge I will celebrate by buying a new outfit to go 2-steppin in! First will be new boots so I can wear then to our classes... :)

So.. thats it...
I did promise to do a post on Adversity, I have some thoughts in mind.. so that's coming soon! :)

My Eats today:
Almonds with cocoa chips, hot choc (at church)
Chicken breast, sweet tator, green beans, corn, water
chicken breast with hot sauce in a whole wheat tortillia
will probably have hot choc and a xmas sandwich tonight .. we are going Christmas Carroling with our Church group and over to a friends house for eats afterward.. i will count it as my third free meal as I only had two free meals (one on friday night and one on Sat morning) ..

Comments

JW said…
How exciting! Love the challenge and I look forward to rootin' you on! :) Did you ever think that you would consider running "fun"? That is AWESOME.

Also... how do you plan on staying on plan even when traveling? I have been thinking of this myself. We have to go up North in two weeks and I want to be "good" with Food. I don't want to have a FIVE-SIX day binge fest. I am thinking a cooler will be necessary and I will have to prepare all my meals ahead of time, if possible.

Anyway.. I love your challenge! Go strong!
JW said…
I also want to add this quote from Bill Phillips, because I think it clearly shows you are still following the "philosophy" behind BFL. You have reached a point where, you have to shake it up a bit to get more results. I look forward to getting to that point, and thannks for plowing the path so I can see the way when I get there.. lol. You gals are true "trail blazers"... you really are!!! I mean, I know many women do this, but I haven't found them sharing like you gals do. Thank you!

"You won't have a level 10 experience every workout. But you must try to achieve a higher level of performance, or you never will ~ you'll get stuck in the comfort zone, and your body will not be forced to adapt; therfore, even though you may be exercising regularly, you won't get results." Bill Phillips

Like I tell everyone, BFL is not a "diet" it is just a smart way to live, and everyone who is lean and trim and fit lives by the philosophy whether they actually know it or not. You have learned the basics, now you are stepping it up a notch! AWESOME!!!!