today's cravings

UGH>. who invented sugar anyway.. I think it was the devil! :) ..
such cravings with getting off sugar.. you would think its totally a drug of some kind! Heres a link if you are interested in knowing more. .. Today I came close to having a few sips of coke.. but didnt! not after seeing on "you are what you eat" that there are 18 spoons of sugar in most coke bottles! .. no wonder it throws me for a loop! .. .. so..
I came to post my eats to help keep me on track..

meal #1 oatmeal with almonds and cranberries, water
meal #2 trail mix with a bit of dark choc morsels, water
meal #3 left over taco stew, wasa cracker, tea with stevia

so far so good
..
off to clean and then do a few more hours of schooling.. including pe with the kids! .. :)

I tell you what ladies.. getting off sugar will go down in the record books for me as one of the hardest things I have done! crazy isnt it!

Update:
I just finished the run around campus and ab work.... it was nice and cool. ..felt great!.
meal #4: apple and peanut butter water
Meal #5 side salad.. crock pot chicken and carrots, water
meal #6 will be a shake before bed :)

a successful day! made it through the cravings! hope tomorrow will be easier!

Comments

JW said…
For me it's sugar AND cheese... lol. Darn cheese! I want cheese in everything: cheesy noodles, cheesy eggs, etc... NO CHEESE! :) Thanks for the great links all the time, I love great resources like that!

Are you allowing yourself fruit sugars? When I have a rough craving for something sweet I find frozen strawberries in the blender (with just water as the liquifier) works great. :)

Keep on keeping on... I love your blog, it is so motivating!

janelle
Sarah said…
You can do it, Ruthie! Get that white crystalline stuff out of your diet! It is hard but it will be the best thing you can do for yourself.

You know, what helped me get off of sugar is that I eat so much sweet fruit now, that I no longer crave sweet foods. So maybe you could try eating sweet fruit whenever you crave sugar?

Okay, now your turn to kick my butt on the running. Hehehe :) I ran in the cold the other day, it was fine. I just need to do it more often!