Ramblings(UPDATED)

well out trip was fantastic... but now I am having vacation hangover :) it was so nice while on vacation to be able to go to the "Gathering of the Nations" Buffet and eat what ever we wanted! .. or just ordering pizza in our room.. nice to have a few ultra free days! I didnt workout Saturday but we went hiking and drove up to Ski Apache.. I will post pictures later :) I told DH.. the hiking we did would not have been possible for me 2 years ago! There would have been NO way I would have been able to make it up the steep section we went up .. and then down.. it was soooooo fun!

Now that I am back home and back to normal.. I am looking forward to eating "normal" again too. I liked having free eats .. but as always.. they come at a price.. low energy and tummy aches. :) .. so today I am back on eats.. and going off bread and sugar (which i ate while free:) .. So far this morning I am having some withdrawals (slight headache, irritability, and lethargic).. which are NO fun but I know in a few days I will feel GREAT again. I went grocery shopping this morning and for the first time in a long time the cashier said "you all eat really healthy".. :) (she should have seen us at the buffet!) But its nice to be stocked up and ready for the week.

Ok.. here are some questions for now:
anyone know when Josha will return to the blogosphere?
anyone watch Dr Oz on Oprah? we had it DVRd.. wow.. so good..
anyone hating the time change? its so hard for me to get use too.

I am off to fix lunch.. will post again after i workout this afternoon.

----update------

Just finished the three Bs.. (back bottom and bicep:)
lunges with squats as burnouts
back lats on smith with rows as burnouts
bi curls with extended concentration curls as burnouts

was a great workout! YIPEE!

I plan on taking my bike in tomorrow to get the tire fixed .. might I be back riding again by this weekend? I hope so. its been toooo long!

eats today i would rate at moderate :)
meal #1 egg and bacon burrito from local coffee shop.. (had NO eats for breakfast in the house)
Meal #2 salad with chicken (lemon pepper seasoned chicken)
Meal #3 trail mix with a bit of choc morsels.
Meal #4 ritz crackers (left over from free day and calling my name! i gave in)
Meal #5 will be taco stew
Meal #6 will be a shake.

i had two bobbles.. which seems to always happen the day after a free day (or in this case a free weekend).. one was the ritz.. the other was 6 skittles I ate... (I found the package while cleaning out the car... it was a weak moment with a sugar withdrawal headache quickly approaching .. so I gave in.. .. but I am proud I stopped at only 6 and NOT the whole bag!)

I watched two episodes of BBCs "you are what you eat".. and THAT was motivation enough to get me back on track! .. if you have never watched this show.. its worth the time! .. heres a link the hosts website.
I also watched a DVRd episode of Oprah with Dr Oz from last week. ... it was motivating too!

and .. on the "things I am mulling over" front:
  • I am looking into (again) getting my personal trainer certification..It would be a while before I would sit for any test but I am pretty sure that is what want to do in the next 2 to 4 years .. when my kids are older and I could work outside the home more easily .. envisioning schooling in the afternoons while doing personal training in the mornings and evenings.. ) .. I think it would take me a while to educate myself enough to pass the test :) .. but I am looking at going to the Cooper Institute for what I would need.
  • I am also reconsidering training for a big race of some kind for my 40th birthday.. i really really want to do something special.. still dont know what.
gotta go make supper..
more later


blessings
r

Comments

Angela said…
I am still around. I have had three sick kids. The babies are teething (canines) as well as sick and the time change has really done a number on me. Think I will go back to day 1 when I start back.I'm just happy to get some sleep right now. I'm glad you had a good vacation. have a good week.
Unknown said…
Great job! I'm so glad you're back!