Priorities

*wake up .. its cold outside.. no energy... breakfast for kids..DH and me...no energy.. feel bad.. cold outside .. cool inside.. want to just lay around... watch a few edu tv with kids... decided to get up and clean.... lunch.... clean some more.. still no energy.... dishes... laundry... shower.... getting a bit of energy back... run to walmart.... free day starts... buy a coke and almonds for free snack.... take three sips.. its ok .. ..... decide to paint the trim on inside of house... paint for 2 hours.. energy coming back... break for supper.. clean some more... goal to have den and kitchen spotless before bed... den goal accomplished.. decided not to workout.. DH goes to lift asks if I already did (no)... clean some more.... tired of running it over in my head if I should just miss or if I should just get in there and lift...... .... grab Ipod...... make the decision to lift...

chest, shoulders, tries and a killer ab workout!


feels good.

all this to say.. LIFE WILL ALWAYS try and get in the way. Life tries to get in the way of everything.. dishes, laundry, tv, .. everything.. I can here "life" saying now "a clean house is more important than reading to the kids" .. "watching another TVshow is more important than organizing that cabinet"...AND " EVERYTHING and EVERYONE else is more important than a workout!"
when it comes down to it.... its ALL about priorities! ... My day wasnt perfect.. but I am glad I made the decision to make working out a priority... even if it wasn't until 9:15PM!

Will post after I run on the tread tomorrow..

blessings
r

Comments

Unknown said…
Good job! It's so awesome to see someone go all day thinking they wont work out and then doing it anyway! Wow! What an inspiration you are! And so cool that you have a husband that works out too. I had a good work out this morning and my first challenge is officially done! Yippy!