The next few days plan.(UPDATED X's 2)

Wow... was yesterday busy crazy. Heres how it went:

my son woke up at 5am coughing.. which woke up his brother too.. both tried to go back to sleep but only slept about 10 more minutes as we all had to get up at 6am.
We are happy to be a one car (suburban) family and so for we have had zero "issues" with only one car exept for Thursdays. My husband has to be at work around 645am on that day.... and I need the car since I teach on Thursdays.. so.. the whole family gets up and takes dad to work. The last two weeks this hasnt been a problem at all.. and in fact its been nice to be up that early before we have to be gone alllll day :) .. but yesterday was just hard cause DH and the boys have been sick. and we are all going on a lot less sleep than normal.

so..
why am I telling you all this (well and myself too) .. because the 5 am wake up ended up being my reason for bad eats yesterday. .. heres my list:

1. carry out burrito (bacon-egg -no cheese) and a coke (cause I was exhausted)
2. salad, wasa bread, almonds with choc morsels, and .. a coke. (cause i was trying to keep my energy up for teaching al day)
3. snack at co-op of goldfish and graham crackers.. and.. YOU GUESSED IT.. a coke.
4. corn chips and.. water.
5. (I was spose to put on some supper in the crock pot before I left the house to teach.. but realized once I got to church.. OOPppps .. I forgot to do it..).. so.. instead of a healthy meal.. we ordered pizza and cinn sticks, and I drank.. uh huh. .. a coke.
6. while at the christmas program we went to down town I walked in to the old restored theater and was engulfed by the smell of buttery popcorn.. so.. the kids and I headed to the stand and bought popcorn, lollipops, water (for the kids) and .. you guessed it.. .. drum roll please.. A COKE! for mom.
7. when i got home.. I had tons of energy... but I still felt hungry.. so I ate the last two cinn sticks and drank some water.


I dont know about you.. but looking up at this list makes me realized that yesterday was a freeday in a major way. It was an UPFD (unplanned free day).. As a result of all that coke drinking I was so tired last night but couldnt go to sleep.. so I was up until after 1am!.. and of course what happens when you stay up until 1 am esp. after a free day? You have a "FDH" (freeday hangover)..
UHG>
this morning I fell so sluggish, tired and just want to crawl back into bed..

I walked into the kitchen where my children were eating and said "OH>> guys.. I NEED some caffine!!!!I am sooo tired!".. and my littlest son (6) just said in a serious and strong voice "NO YOU DONT"
wow.
he is right
I dont NEED IT
but this is what it does to me (does it do this to everyone or just me).. it gets in this cycle of having to have it to feel good.. to have energy and then I have to "break my habit again"

I am tired of this. This cycle. ..
I went two whole weeks without a soda of any kind.
and I am here to declare I am going to do it again!

no excuses
no saying "i need it"
No more showing my kids the wrong habit.

So I am back to posting my eats and staying on track. I know I will feel better for it. My plan for this weekend is to stay on healthy eats since I already had my freeday for this week..

todays meals:
1. Mighty bites with milk, water

check back later today to see if I gave in to the "Soda Monster!"

(oh.. and I will run today on the treadmill before noon.. my mom and dad are heading this way for the weekend.. we go and look at houses for them in the morning! wow.)

a quote before I head off to clean the house :)
"The relationship between soft drink consumption and body weight is so strong that researchers calculate that for each additional soda consumed, the risk of obesity increases 1.6 times."

UPDATE:
ok.. my workout it complete.. and you wont believe what I did!.. I started doing cardio and was like... WWWWWAAAIIIT.. I am spose to be lifting!. .. wow.. I am totally confused this week.
so.
I did a form of cardio to a level i have never done before and then i did muscle building exercises.. which I will not tell you about.. because

today is FOTO FRIDAY

the kids took pictures during my workout but I can post them until DH gets home with the computer that does pictures :).. so.

you will have to check back later tonight and see what I did.. :)

I FEEL GREAT!

AND

DH CALLED

WE ARE GOING ON A DATE! (so fun)

happy friday!

yes another update :)
I am so excited.. I was just finishing my post when my aunt-in-law knocked at our door (she lives next door to us).. she came to see if she could borrow some weights.. !!!.. she bought a new weight-multi exercise bench from sears!.. I am so excited for her.. its in her spare room.. she took down the extra bed and has a full service workout room now ! .. ahh.. what a GREAT day this has been! OH.. (she is 60!).. so that puts the age excuse off the list for us huh? :)
yipee! GO AUNT Rose! GO

Comments

Angela said…
Well I am going to do this with you. Alright!! Although I drink diet only I want to stop. I have tried so many times and failed but I think today might be the day. So no more soda or bubbly drinks of any kind for me. And when I get the soda kicked I will kick the coffee.
Ruthie said…
ok Angela.. sounds like a deal to me :) .. my goal is to go two weeks again :) .. I will be drinking tea with stevia in it though.. much healthier than cokes :) ...

I know the first day will be the hardest (again :)..

thanks for joining me! :) will make it easier :)

-r
Josha said…
I love your friday! And I love your aunt rose!
I ONLY drink coke on free day...I love coke, but it's the sweet, bubbliness of it. Coffee is my thing during the week. I drink it unsweetened, but too much of it!
JW said…
Thursdays suck. lol. ;) I had the same kind of day, obviously. I will have to cut back on sodas again, too.... and my coffee consumption. Yup, the caffeine is a vicious thing. So addictive. I am going to come up with a Plan of Action for the next six weeks, and cutting back on caffeine will be in the top changes I will make. Have fun on your date!!! Janelle
Unknown said…
I drink coke with two things: chips and queso and pizza. I struggle with bread mostly and CHOCOLATE. Good luck on your two week challenge!! You can do it! I don't have the guts to give up bread and chocolate. That's okay with me. :) Now to do upper body....I really dont want to.