Time to get with it (UPDATE x's 2)


ok.. this morning was a slow start.. I just felt like I needed to sit and veg for a little bit after this past week and weekend.. so I sat and ate breakfast .. and just sat some more.

I was completely off on my eats yesterday.. ate some of Cats birthday cake and everything! .. this morning I woke up wanting oatmeal but when I walked into the kitchen and got the left over sugary cereals down for the kids to eat .. I gave in and had a bowl of fruit loops! Fruit Loops are my weakness. Not being allowed any sugary cereal as a child I went to college and literally lived on fruit loops! seriously!.. so I need to throw them out today so they will no longer be a temptation to me. .. the good news is.. it was only ONE bowl! .. I usually eat 4 or 5!.. (crazy huh?)

So.. after a aweful start this morning I got my shoes laced up and headed to the garage.
I did 3 Bs today.. I might be off from last week.. but I really wanted to do 3bs instead of upper today.. since I missed on friday I guess it didnt really matter :)
Leg Ext. 4 sets of 15
Lunges on the Smith 3 sets of 12 (i wanted to do one more but my legs were shaking!!)
lat pull downs 4 sets of 12 and then bent over rows 24
bi curls 4 sets of 12 and then burnouts of 24


Eats are the hard thing for me.. so I will take it one meal at a time today.... but I do feel successful because I got my workout done..

winter starting to show up down here.. a front came through last night .. it was 40 degrees when I got up this morning.. I know thats nothing to some people but I am dreading the cold weather.... I want to know how people get up and go run outside when its cold out? even all bundled up! .. how do they do that? mind over body I guess huh?

ok.. all for now.. have to go gets some reading done to the kids :) .. and drink some protein!

how was your workout?

UPDATE:
Eats post:
Meal #1: (a blunder) fruit loops with milk
Meal #2: (back on track) salad with boiled egg, sunflower seeds, tom, and dressing a serving of speg. meat sauce (its the sauce that goes on top of the speg. .. I just dont eat the noodle part).. this was ground turkey. 1 wasa wafer, tea with stevia
Meal #3: 1/2 motz. cheese stick (lowfat) 1 wasa wafer, 15 almonds, dried cranberries, tea with stevia
Meal #4: (planned) Chicken with Baked tator and tea
Meal #5: shake (choc peanutbutter)

I was having SERIOUS sugar withdrawals about an hour ago.. but those have now passed! .. I am feeling sooo much better now!
(time to go wash the dog :) ..

blessings
r

UPDATE #2
well.. today went well for the most part.. I had my issues this morning and had a serious sugar withdrawal for about 2 hours but after lunch i started feeling much much better (normal :) .. so I am happy I made it through the day even with my fruit loop bobble :) .. yipee.

and a quote that struck me tonight when i was reading.. and it seems to relate to my "bfl journey"

"I can undertake and persevere even without hope of success" any guesses who said it AND what book i read it from ?

For me.. this quote means "even without the guarantee of success.. I will still try my hardest and not give up.. because what is interesting is that its not all about what you get out of this physically .. its the journey and how it changes you in other ways"

would love to hear your take on the quote :)

blessings
more after my cardio tomorrow :) (I think i might just dance dance dance)

Comments

Unknown said…
Good job on the work out. It's cold AND rainy here today. The cold doesn't bother me, but walking down to the work out room through puddles of cold water is really not looking too fun right now. 3 B's does sound good for today though, so maybe I'll do some lunges around the house and push ups. I'm gonna need to go to Academy for my shoes (gift card), but thanks for all the info! You rock!
Josha said…
love the quote. I think it makes more sense with the word, HOPE, changed to promise. Isn't there always hope? It's gotta be a mindset, don't you think? and you have your own measure of what success looks like, so maybe for some simply undertaking is success while for another, success is less within reach...
anyway, good job on your undertaking and success! Fruitloops were my acu staple meal too.
Josha said…
oh...the quote is the motto of William of Orange of the 17th century, but I don't know where you read it... I found it online in a chapter in The Mysterious Island which I plan to go back and look at. I think my kids might like it.

William of Orange was a very busy guy, undertaking lots of less-than-hopeful ventures, and persevering throught them. http://wy.essortment.com/whowasprincew_rlbt.htm