this sounds wierd (UPDATE)

Please read alll the way to the bottom :)

-----------------
this sounds weird .. but yesterday and today I just have this desire to take a break. It seems that I just need to just decompress for a few days from my BFL lifestyle. I read in the BFL book that Bill suggests that you take atleast a week break in between each 12 week session... maybe this is one reason why..
Its like i want a vacation from lifting and running.. and to just not worry about it for a few days.

so..
heres is my plan..
I will take completely off today, Sat and Sunday... during this time I will try and figure out my next set of goals and really get some things down that will motivate and get me all pumped up again. I know I will never quit BFL lifestyle.. its like habit now.. so in a way it will be "hard" to not workout... but I think it will be a good break

What do I want to accomplish by this resting period?
To rest my body so I can make more gains when i start next week and just refocus mentally. :)

more later
ruthie

UPDATE
OK>. you are going to really call me crazy.. but I guess its just good to have this on my blog anyway.. so here it goes.. .. well..
after I wrote the post below.. I ate some pizza and drank a tad of dr pepper and watched some tv.. (just laid around) and its funny.. I have this desire to go lift weights.. its so weird.. '

they say that for some people is just a part of who they are.. like brushing their teeth... and I guess that is what this is .... its like trying to go to bed without brushing my teeth... :) .. it just HABIT.. ..
the other thing is... I have this stress and tension in my shoulders .. like from the last two days.. and I know that if I go lift .. it will be left in the garage floor..

so......
I will post after I lift.. :) .. call me crazy.. its ok.. I know I am...

-----------------
OK. girls.. foto friday is on its way.. after DH gets off the computer so I can load pictures (i cant do that on mine!!!)

so.. I lifted.. feel much better now.. except for the shaky feeling in my bis and thighs! heres what I did
Squats, bent over rows, bi curls (all in a row as a set.. no rest between) .. I did three sets of these
Leg extensions, dead lifts and leg curls, (all in a row as a set.. not rest between) I did three of these.. but alternating deadlifts and leg curls..
my back and shoulders still need to destress so I did lat pull downs and ended with single arm bench rows for back..
and low and behold.. my back popped THREE times.. not a bad pop.. a great good feeling.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so wonderful kind of pop!

and now..

I feel MUCH MUCH MUCH better :)
now.. a bit of reading about Habit and Fitness.. see this link if you would like to read this site.. I have only read this section and it surprised me.. mentions teeth brushing! hum.

"Habit formation

Habits are developed by means of two basic factors: reward and repetition. When adults make changes in their lives through new behavior, they have go through the process of forming new habits. Enthusiasm by itself is not enough. It can get you started, but it's not the thing that maintains a change in long-term behavior.

  • As an adult, you have to decide what you want (a reward like looking better and being healthier).

  • Determine what you need to do to get it (like what’s described on this website).

  • Then start doing it repetitively.

Losing weight and/or building up your muscles are not rewards that will occur immediately -- they take at least some months. So the reward is delayed and to a large extent the formation of a new habit in physical exercise and diet depends mostly on repetition. But that's nothing unusual. Many of our habits grow from repetition and delayed reward. Brushing your teeth several times a day doesn't yield any immediate reward. The payoff is a "non-event" - the dentist NOT using his drill on you months into the future. But that ephemeral association doesn't deter most people from engaging in dental hygiene. The delayed reward of looking better and avoiding health problems in the future shouldn't preclude you from forming new habits in the area of physical exercise and diet.

Building habits through repetition is easy. How many times have you driven an often traveled route without thinking? Sometimes, it can get so habitual that even if you intended to divert off the course to go someplace else, you miss the turn off and follow the habitual course. That's the behavior that you want to get working for you in the areas that you choose. You want to find it easier to follow your fitness program, than not to."

OH.. and Just found this site.. check it out! good stuff on how to form the habit of exercise!!!!

I have taken foto friday pictures.. but they might have to wait until saturday..

OH>. and I also finished the glass part of my butterfy window today.. now just the frame to paint.. will post pictures tomorrow.. DH likes it so much he doesnt want to sell it! .. funny.

Comments

Unknown said…
congrats Ruth! Don't be afraid to take a break when you need one, but don't be afraid to work out if you need that too! Just trust your body and go with it! You are awesome!