a "milestone" of sorts UPDATE

well.. I started out this evenings jog by saying I would make it all the way around campus (2miles) without stopping to walk. I did really well but I ended up stopping during the last 1/2 mile to walk three times.. a total of about 60 or 70 steps. Its is the fartherest I have run without stopping in a long time.. and .. I ended up walking another 1/4 of a mile at the end.. so I figure I did almost 2.75 or 3 miles. I will measure tomorrow so I will know for sure. but for tonight.. I am happy with going the distance I did.
While i was running I thought about the one person's family who died in the marathon this past weekend.. so sad..

OH.. I did abs.. crunches and hip-ups ;0


better go get some eats.. i might post later .. if not.. will tomorrow after i lift

UPDATE
heres my eats for today
meal 1: cheerios and toast with tea (is milk enough protien? i dont think so)
Meal 2: salad with 6 crackers (thin sliced ham and lots of veggies(
meal 3: 1/4cup cheerios dry and tea (craving cheerios today for some reason)
meal 4: (after my run..) .. taco stew burrito with 6 chips tea
Meal 5: choc protien shake

My goal for tomorrow as far as eats..
drink atleast 2 glasses of water (32 oz) not only tea
at every meal.. get a good portion of protein in my body before I even take a bite of a carb! (three bits of protien.. on bite of carb)
watch my timing and make sure I dont wait too long to eat :)
and
make sure I take in protein shake within ten mins of lifting weights. :)
My goals for working out:
push myself like the do on biggest loser! till nothin is left!

Comments

JoAnn said…
Goal to push hard like they do on BL. How do you know when you've pushed too hard? What does balance look like? Just wondering. Love ya! JJ
Ruthie said…
when I say push hard.. I mean not wasting my time while lifting.. not just going the motion but to make the conscience decision to lift weights correct and to push my limits on weight and reps.. it is only by pushing the muscles to fatigue that we get the best results. I have been lifting weights for so long its easy to slip into automatic mode.. If I want change. if I want to be stronger, if I want to build more muscle I need to push it..
now
saying all this after a week of what I consider restful working out :) a week of light weights .. its all about balance and knowing when to rest and when to push.. now is my time to push.. :) I can feel it.. dont know if that makes sense.. but thats my answer :)

(I remember when i first started out.. many years ago i was so sore after every workout.. not so now.. unless i push :)

you know how they say "just one more! ..you can do another!" on biggest loser? thats what I mean.. getting that "just one more" in.. doing more than I think i can.. :)

Love you too!
r
Josha said…
"one more" for me tomorrow! upper body for me...I got off somehow.
Unknown said…
Great goal to push - I will do the same tomorrow!
Ruthie said…
I can hear the "oh i am sore" complaints coming already :) remember to take in that protien afterwards so your muscles wont be so sore!

happy lifting
r