have you lifted yet??

Me neither.. but I am fixing too.. will post afterward :)

5:36pm.. approx 20 min later:
ok. I am done.. YIPEE! Upper body for me today.. chest, shoulders and tris.. I alternated between 12 and 15 reps and repeated each set 3 times with a burnout on each part... my arms are jello!!!

I said I would start posting my eats.. so here they are so far.. just a two meal bobble.. :)
Meal 1: french toast with butter and syrup. (why didnt I make mine the healthy version? lazy I guess.. so this had butter and syrup)
Meal 2: frozen pizza and chips, tea (now THATS healthy)
Meal 3: open faced peanut butter crackers with tea
Meal 4: taco stew (which i am fixing to make)
Meal 5 protein shake

I am at that point where I am frustrated with myself as far as eats go.. I am also frustrated with .. you guessed it.. my tummy. I said I would never talk about it again.. but the few lbs I have gained this last week from eating poorly have all ended up on my tummy.. which drives me crazy as that little layer hangs over my pants when I sit down.. and ... well. I am officially tired of it.. I dont know if my tummy will ever be what it use to be .. but I am tired of it being like it is.. short of a tummy tuck.. which I would NEVER do... I am stuck with it.... .. but cant it be a bit smaller? I am not asking for a size 2 or anything.. I am just asking for a few inches off ..

I guess it is natural to have a pendulme swinging back and forth.. where "oh I feel great!" to "I slipped.. will this ever be a non-issue?" Sometimes I just get tired of thinking about food and my eats.. .. sometimes I wish I could just eat whatever I want and not worry about it.. but.. i guess its part of life.. if I want to feel good.. I HAVE to eat right.. I must!

but its ok to get frustrated isnt it? Its ok to get tired of it right? After a year and a half.. isnt it ok for it to get old? I think its all natural.. as I grew up eating any kind of junk and playing hard and just didnt have much of a problem.. but truth be told.. I never felt great about myself.

In a way I feel like I have, over the last 18 months conquered the workout problem in my life.. now I guess my focus for the next 18 months will be conquering the eating healthy and feeling ok about it all the time part of this ... .. .. I am thinking this part of "getting healthy" will be a bit more difficult for me. I have done this for several weeks and months at a time.. but never for a long extended period of time.. and never for a year. ... could it be possible? a year?

So.. I have decided for the next few weeks/months I will post my workouts but I will start focusing more and more on eats and the trials and tribulations I know I will be having with them.

so.. i started with a bobble this morning but hope the rest of the week to be focused and strong .. I am ready... really ready to make yet another transformation.. I am ready to conquer healthy eating ... :)

I will be listing goals/ideas/problems/ over the next few days.. I need to focus on where I am .. and plan so I can get where I am going.. ..

thanks for listening
ruthie

Comments

Josha said…
Got CLA?
I think you are doing great! I don't think it is a problem for you to take a break from the eating thing after about a year and a half! Just get back on track whether you bobble or not. AND I'm frustrated with my tummy too. My legs look pretty shapely, I'd say, and they were always my problem area. Never my tummy. Now, it's my tummy. I think it will eventually go away, but that it is just going to take persistence!! grrr
Unknown said…
Ruth, I think you are amazing and I love how hard you work! It is completely okay to bobble; just trust yourself and make good decisions because you WANT to - not because you HAVE to. Inspire yourself. I know you inspire me daily - keep up the great work!