figured out my challenge! (UPDATED)

Hi gals.. i figured out my mini challenge. Over the next 36 days (from now until Nov 21st) I will steer clear from the following:

processed foods (cookies, chips, crackers)
white flour and sugar
after i post.. chips, cereal, crackers, and breads will be put away.. far away and i will be heading o the grocery store for fruits, veggies, nuts, and other turkey challenge friendly foods.

this is not just a me thing.. but a whole family thing. i have not told the kids and dont want to make a big deal about it.. but will just stop buying these products and making their food options fruits, veggies, and healthy snacks. i am going to look for some fruit salad recipes and already have a peanut butter ball no bake cookie that they LOVE that i will make today.

so.. heres to changing .. wanting to get healthy.. and knowing .. IT AINT GONNA BE EASY!
but its only for a month! right?

care to join me on my challenge?

UPDATE:
just returned from the store(s) .. and I am have three things I am excited about..
1. the packages of stevia i bought.. (josha do you buy the liquid, pill or powder form?)
2. the CLA i bought
and
3. the 'butter lettuce' that was on sale for 99cents (its reg. three something.. and i have always had butter lettuce envy and always wanted to buy some but it was so expensive.. these two packs i bought were reduced for quick sale :) The claim it still alive because it still has the roots attached.

heres my meals so far today:
meal #1: oatmeal with tablespoon brown sugar, water
meal #2: (lunch) tuna with mir. whip, almonds, raisins, and apple (all on the side) .. water (I am totally satisfied and it all tasted GREAT to me for some reason.
Update (again ).. 4:14pm.. what I have found is that my brain doesnt know how to think of a meal without bread! without crackers.! .. what do I do if i want to eat peanut butter.. you cant eat it by itself! so here is what I came up this this afternoon.
meal #3: tablespoon natural peanut butter with oil drained off, 10 almonds, 1/2 teaspoon grape jelly, a few dried cranberries. (I like the tad bit of jelly with a helping of peanut butter.. its amazing.. tastes just like a pb and j! .. but there is no bread!)
... so far so good..
OH.. and I am feeling GREAT! :)

quote of the day so far:
'eating healthy is good for you AND it tastes good" .. Joseph as he was eating his lunch (which was the same as mine!)

as far as workout.. i will either go run or jump on the mini tramp this afternoon.
more later.
r

Comments

Unknown said…
That's a great challenge! Don't think I'm quite ready for it myself, but I think you are incredible!
Josha said…
yay! I have both kinds of stevia, but really prefer xylitol...it's ground birch bark, and is more the same sweetness as sugar without aftertaste. Stevia is like 100 or so times sweeter than sugar, so look for recipes and tips online. Only use a small drop for sweetening tea.
I'm not sure I could manage all of Kaegan's diet (gluten and casien free), his program (we try to fill up as much of his day as possible with one-on-one time), and not have protein bars to get me through... I'll ponder a challenge for myself. I'm reading a couple of allergy-diet books with Kaegan in mind and wondering about the whole family...overwhelming...one is the Body Ecology Diet and one is the Feingold allergy elimination diet. Always too much "on my plate" (pardon the pun) in the way of diets!