cardio and abs done with FUN (updated)

congrats to Josha for getting the quote and the book right! I started reading "The Mysterious Island" to the kids last night .. i got i for myself but they wanted me to read it to them.. :) (see the HS blog for more information.

ok.. so my goal this winter is to involve my kids in cardio when I do it.. if I am going to be inside working out I might as well get them up and going too! Plus if the kid like it.. then they will always be asking me to "dance" with them:)

so here is what I did:

I brought in our mini tramp, jump rope, ex. ball, and a basket ball. I also hooked up my techno music to our stereo and turned it up LOUD! We warmed up for about 5 mins (aerobics style) and then we did circuits. One would jump on the tramp, one would bounce on the ball and one would do deep bends with the basketball three times and then toss it to me. We did each item one time and then danced. I have to admit I can shake my booty a bit better than my kids :) they need some work :) .. hehe.. after dance fever was over (HEHE) we hit the floor for ab work.. I gave them a break while I got back on the mini tramp and jumped for the last 5 mins. It was a 30 min workout and it was great fun..

Of course its sounds all perfectly thought out and smooth.. but alas.. all is not what it seems. Before we even started cat tossed me the ball.. and in her enthusiasm she threw it hard and to the right.. hitting the kitchen counter and the glass of water that was there :) .. (ugh).. but just because we got off to a slow start didnt stop us :) (and yes still have a mess to cleanup in there:)

so eats for today:
meal #1: oatmeal with dried cranberries, and four fruit loops (did i say I need to throw those out!)
Meal #2: almonds (5), madrian orange slices, tea with stevia
Meal #3: salad and speg. meat sauce, wasa wafer, tea
Meal #4:peanut butter balls, madrian orange slices, 1/4 piece of wasa, water
Meal #5:
potato (left over from yesterday) topped with a very small amount of cheese, finely chopped chicken breast, topped with bar-b-q sauce. Baked in the oven for about 15-20 mins. .. yuuuummy! and tea
Meal #6: shake before bed.

Today was a great day as far as eats. I had zero cravings. and I thought this afternoon.. its strange... i havent even missed bread at all today! and that is huge for me! .. ..

I think i am realizing that the key for me is to replace what I like to eat with what I want to eat.
cokes=tea
ice cream=protein shakes
salty chips and crackers= a few almonds or wasa wafer
bread= wasa wafer

so .. i am on a mission to find other healthy replacements. Other options:)

so here is to 2 days in a row (again) off bread! :) yipee! (OH and mostly off sugar too.. despite my fruit loop bobbles :)

Comments

Unknown said…
how fun! my roommates and I have begun doing 'the twist' to most songs we here. I'll post pictures. Didn't think about making it my cardio. :)
Josha said…
fun!!!!!!!!!!! Like DDR!