Day 2 ..1st day morning workout!(meal updates)

well.. its my first day back at a morning workout routine.. i just finished a bit later than i wanted but thats ok.
upper body for me today.. chest, shoulders(i did light weight high reps just to be careful)
tris then I polished it off with pushups UGH.. it been too long since i have done those!
it really feels GREAT to have it done. now my goal is to get up EARLY and get cardio done tomorrow.. its my co-op day but I just havent liked the free thursday's.. its like I dont have a free day cause I work all day.. so my free workout day will be sunday.. eats friday night to sat night.

I actually had 6 meal yesterday. After I drank my shake (vanilla protien, strawberry yogurt, and fresh strawberries) an hour earlier than normal by the time i got to bed i was hungry. so I ate some trail mix which is great.. equal protien to carb ratio! .. and a small glass of milk. I slept great! :) yipee. AND I am so happy... so very happy that I went all day with no bread, crackers, chips, or cookies! :) Day one down.. 35 to go!:)

heres some FYI:
How to de-seed a pomegranate (oh they are sooo good!)
and
the texas trail mix i found (its made in Conroe!) but I bought it at HEB:)

any of you guys ever make your own trail mix? I think thats what I need to do for our family. .. probably cheaper:) ..


all for now.. have to go clean and do schoolwork..
our washer over flowed last night so no washing clothes until its fixed.. plus I have a bit of a mess to clean up (not wet.. just ick from under the washer and dryer ugh. ) plus i need to get ready for class tomorrow. :) busy day.

Here is where I will post my eats.. frustrations or lack there of throughout the day.. :
meal #1: oatmeal with peach slices, tbspoon brown sugar
meal #2: serving of trail mix, water (this was after I lifted)
meal #3: salad (bed of lettuce, almonds, sunflower seeds, toms, carrots, and chicken with dressing) tea with stevia.
{today is going good so far.. I had two sessions of "cravings or withdrawals" which ever you want to call them.. but those were both around the time I was to eat.. so I just ate.. and they went away. It seems so far I am missing my 'crunch' factor more than anything.. not having crackers with my salad is just NOT right.. but the bit of almonds on the side really helps. any ideas for a substitute besides almonds?}
time to go clean (again) more after I make it through a few more meals :)
Meal #4:two boiled eggs (still warm) and 1 and 1/2 wasa crackers (total of 14 carbs) tea with stevia
Meal #5: lean hamburger meat with sauce, sautaed mushrooms and onions, 1 small corn on the cob(no butter)
Meal #6: 1.5 peanut butter balls, (mix equal parts honey, wheat germ, peanut butter, vanilla protein powder and refrigerate.. YUMMY!) and 1/2 sering protein shake.

Comments

Josha said…
go, ruthie, go!
salad...get lots of other yummy salad stuff...olives, peppers, sunflower seeds, artichokes, pickled okra and load it up with those goodies instead of bread-stuff.
Josha said…
another thought...
I had thought you were leaving off all processed types of foods, but if you can have the trail mix, then you might like chow mein noodles on your salad.
Unknown said…
Hooray! Good job!
Ruthie said…
oh chowman noodles is a great idea!
I guess i dont mean AlLLLL processed foods.. I still have salad dressing and mayo.. I ment that as no chips or cookies etc. I am trying to stay totally away from white sugar and white flour..
today i did buy some wasa crackers.. seasameseed and stone ground wheat. tasted like cardboard but they were crunchy :)

PICKED OKRA? what kinda taste buds do you think i have? i am not eight yet! :) hehe..
(never had that.. is it good?)
Josha said…
mmmmmmm
love pickled okra
I guess I'm already pretty much eating the way you're talkin' then. There is some sprouted bread that's yummy! I know that there are crackers that are gluten free that are made with whole grain brown rice flour and almond flour.